Derision

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2005
      "Truly never before has the cross of each person who wants to be a true
      Christian been as heavy as in this time of the triumph of falsehood which
      we are experiencing. Never before on this earth has there been such a huge
      number of people who freely and easily, without any shame, without any
      pangs of conscience 'call evil good, and good evil'
      Archbishop Averky

      About how the righteous endures ridicule because of the words of the Lord

                Saint Nikolai the mostwise Bishop of Zicha and Ochrid

      "The word of the Lord has brought me derision and reproach all the day" (
      Jeremiah 20:8).

      Who are they who reproach the prophet of God, the bearer of God's word and
      the bearer of the power and wisdom of God? His people reproach him and say
      to him: you preach to us a steep path; even if it is from God, we cannot
      walk upon it because for us, it is too steep.

      Who are they who reproach the trumpeter of the voice of the Lord when he
      sounds the alarm because of fire which smokes in the distance and draws
      closer to the city? The elders of the people reproach him and say to him:
      why do you not keep your mouth closed; for you it would be warmer and for
      us a clearer sky. That which seems to you is not a fire but it is fog from
      the mountain dew!

      Who are they who still deride the man of God when he comes from God and
      proclaims the will of God? He is reproached by his wife and is derided by
      his brethren. They say to him: you abandon your work which feeds you and
      you follow after someone else's work which humiliates you.

      "The word of the Lord has brought me derision and reproach all the day."
      Thus the prophet could have said, so could the apostle, so the martyr, so
      every zealot of the word of the Lord and of the law of the Lord. Not one
      of them was frightened by reproach nor by derision, nor turned away from
      witnessing nor led from the road to wayward paths. The entire outside
      world reproached them and were sarcastic to them. But the Lord
      strengthened and made them  inwardly joyful.  The Lord overcame the world,
      and the saints of God overcame those who reproached and derided them.

      O Lord All-good, strengthen us internally in our hearts so that the
      reproaches do not disturb nor the derisions, hinder us for the sake of
      Your Name.

      To You be glory and thanks always. Amen.
    • Dimitri G Temidis
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7, 2005
        Dear Kato:

        It seems one may say that you are "on the fence" when it comes to ROCOR's
        participation in dialogue. I find that it is clear that you have fallen off
        the fence and cracked your head. Based on what you post, what still remains
        to be seen is to which side you have fallen....

        dyakon dimitri temidis

        In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "kato_ny" <kato_ny@y...>
        wrote:

        the old record keeps skipping... and our church leaders who wish to
        flock together, keep tripping on their feet... and what will they
        think of next? "oh, this is not an issue, who really cares afterall
        what Alexi #2 has stated...

        PROPERTY DISPUTES HOLD BACK ORTHODOX CHURCH REUNION

        MOSCOW, March 2 (RIA Novosti) - Last Monday, the relics of Grand
        Duchess Elizabeth and her associate Barbara, a nun, were brought
        back to the Convent of St. Mary Magdalene in Jerusalem after a six-
        month-long tour of Russia. The convent belongs to the Russian
        Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR), Novye Izvestia reports.

        A delegation of the Moscow Patriarchy left for Paris the next day
        for the fourth meeting of the commission on dialogue with the
        ROCOR. "ROCOR structures located on the Russian Orthodox Church's
        canonical territory" will be a central issue at the meeting. In
        addition, those attending the meeting are expected to define the
        term "canonical territory."

        Five days after Israel was established, the Soviet Union's People's
        Commissariat of Internal Affairs (NKVD) appointed an envoy for
        Russian property in Israel. Later, the Soviet government sent Moscow
        Patriarchy representatives to Jerusalem and claimed ownership over
        all monasteries, convents, churches, and relics. ROCOR monks were
        simply deported from the country.

        In 1997, the Palestinian authorities forced ROCOR monks and nuns to
        leave the St. Trinity Monastery in Hebron and handed the monastery
        over to the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC). In January 2000, the
        Palestinian military arrested monks in the ROCOR church in Jericho,
        and the church was immediately transferred to the Moscow Patriarchy.

        When meeting with the new Palestinian leader, Mahmoud Abbas, the
        other day, Alexiy II, the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia,
        thanked the Palestinian authorities for transferring the ownership
        of the Hebron and Jericho property in question to the ROC's Russian
        Orthodox Mission.

        "I am very disappointed [by the patriarch's statement]," said
        Archbishop Mark of Berlin and Germany. "When we were launching the
        process we made a statement that we must refrain from any activities
        and pronouncements that could upset the other party," he said.

        However, the archbishop has not always followed his own advice. He
        has criticized the Russian Orthodox Church for many years and once
        he went as far as described it as "non-gracious."
        --- End forwarded message ---
      • kato_ny
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8, 2005
          <and cracked your head>

          ...is not such a kind thing to read from a deacon... For that
          matter a Deacon who signs his name on yahoo as Dimitri G Temidis...

          now who has cracked his heads open for the interest in uniting with
          the red church?

          Nice to hear from you...

          Kato

          --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Dimitri G Temidis
          <dtemidis@o...> wrote:

          > Dear Kato:
          >
          > It seems one may say that you are "on the fence" when it comes to
          ROCOR's
          > participation in dialogue. I find that it is clear that you have
          fallen off
          > the fence and cracked your head. Based on what you post, what
          still remains
          > to be seen is to which side you have fallen....
          >
          > dyakon dimitri temidis
        • vkozyreff
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 8, 2005
            Dear List,

            About insulting and saying "you fool".

            In God,

            Vladimir Kozyreff

            "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not
            kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
            But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without
            a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say
            to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but
            whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire"
            (Mat. 5:21-22).

            The sixth law of Moses forbade the taking of a person's life. The
            Lord takes the idea of the sixth law deeper, and calls attention to
            the evil feelings which prod a person to kill, such as anger, malice
            and hatred.

            In essence, these unkind feelings urge a person to insult and demean
            his fellow human being. A Christian should restrain himself from any
            expression of malice against his fellow man, such as insults and
            humiliating words.

            http://www.fatheralexander.org/booklets/english/sermon_mount.htm

            But "anyone who says, `You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of
            hell." …

            Jesus points out that the murderous act springs from the angry
            thought. It is in the mind that the crime is first committed and
            judgment is incurred.

            The earthly court cannot take action against the angry thought, but
            the heavenly court can--and does…Behind the offending word lies the
            hostile thought.

            It is there that the guilty process starts; and if the hostile
            thought is not killed off as soon as the thinker becomes aware of it,
            then, although no earthly court may be in a position to take
            cognisance of it, that is what will be the first count in the
            indictment before the judgment-bar of God.

            http://www.gospelcom.net/ivpress/title/exc/1423-9a.php

            <dtemidis@o...> wrote:

> [...]
            > and the church was immediately transferred to the Moscow
            Patriarchy.

            > When meeting with the new Palestinian leader, Mahmoud Abbas, the
            > other day, Alexiy II, the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia,
            > thanked the Palestinian authorities for transferring the ownership
            > of the Hebron and Jericho property in question to the ROC's Russian
            > Orthodox Mission.
            >
            > "I am very disappointed [by the patriarch's statement]," said
            > Archbishop Mark of Berlin and Germany. "When we were launching the
            > process we made a statement that we must refrain from any
            activities
            > and pronouncements that could upset the other party," he said.
            >
            > However, the archbishop has not always followed his own advice. He
            > has criticized the Russian Orthodox Church for many years and once
            > he went as far as described it as "non-gracious."
          • Dimitri G Temidis
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 9, 2005
              It would be nice to see Mr. Kozyreff to "practice" that what he
              "teaches"....

              d dimitri

              <dtemidis@o...> wrote:

> [...]
              > and the church was immediately transferred to the Moscow
              Patriarchy.

              > When meeting with the new Palestinian leader, Mahmoud Abbas, the
              > other day, Alexiy II, the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia,
              > thanked the Palestinian authorities for transferring the ownership
              > of the Hebron and Jericho property in question to the ROC's Russian
              > Orthodox Mission.
              >
              > "I am very disappointed [by the patriarch's statement]," said
              > Archbishop Mark of Berlin and Germany. "When we were launching the
              > process we made a statement that we must refrain from any
              activities
              > and pronouncements that could upset the other party," he said.
              >
              > However, the archbishop has not always followed his own advice. He
              > has criticized the Russian Orthodox Church for many years and once
              > he went as far as described it as "non-gracious."

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Dimitri G Temidis
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 9, 2005
                Your post makes no sense. Do you read what you type? Yes, cracked your
                head, read the entire post and not just 4 words. There is no foul language
                here. I am responding to what you wrote and how the news info you pasted
                contradicts that what you are saying. So you being "on the fence" and
                having fallen off you must have cracked your head for not understanding that
                you contradict yourself in your own post. And where you have fallen is
                still to be seen based on, again, on how and what you write. You post
                different items in the same email which are different in points of view.
                However you do not explain why or how in your opinion they are tied in
                together. Speaking metaphorically, I was wondering how your personal saga
                will eventually turn out. Sorry if you didn't appreciate my humor. Being
                that we basically grew up together, I thought you would get a chuckle out of
                it. I meant no harm. And what does my business yahoo account have to do
                with this? What are you true intentions for bring that up? Do you even
                know what that is? Why didn't you finish the rest of my signature, World
                Ethnic Media International Ad Sales. I have 5 children to raise and
                support. By the Grace of God, I am able to maintain my own business to
                support my family and still have the freedom to serve the church. Why are
                you so accusatory of everyone and everything?

                It is indeed nice to hear from you. I am glad to see your passion when it
                comes to our church. But don't let it cloud your mind. Tell your buddy or
                whoever can call him their buddy, Mr. Kozyreff to back off. If he
                interprets cracked your head as you fool, he should get involved in certain
                exchanges. Or maybe he fell can cracked his head ;)

                In Christ,
                Dyakon Dimitri Temidis

                <dtemidis@o...> wrote:

                > Dear Kato:
                >
                > It seems one may say that you are "on the fence" when it comes to
                ROCOR's
                > participation in dialogue. I find that it is clear that you have
                fallen off
                > the fence and cracked your head. Based on what you post, what
                still remains
                > to be seen is to which side you have fallen....
                >
                > dyakon dimitri temidis

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • gene703
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 9, 2005
                  I detect certain testiness here, kato_ny, deacon T please please please, we are amongst out own here, this is a ROCOR list, there is no need for such hostility. This is so typical of all recent Unification debates. Can't we have a civilized, anglo style debate on the subject of, say

                  UNITING WITH THE RED CHURCH versus PARTICIPATING IN DIALOG WITH MP

                  :-)

                  <dtemidis@o...> wrote:

                  Dear Kato:

                  It seems one may say that you are "on the fence" when it comes to ROCOR's participation in dialogue. I find that it is clear that you have fallen off the fence and cracked your head. Based on what you post, what still remains to be seen is to which side you have fallen....

                  dyakon dimitri temidis

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                  Children InternationalWould you give Hope to a Child in need? �Click Here to meet a Girl
                  And Give Her Hope�Click Here to meet a Boy
                  And Change His Life Learn More