Real estate not important

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2005
      Dear List,

      Below is a translation from an interesting ITAR-Tass dispatch. The
      hypothesis of a "misunderstanding" becomes less credible. Did Vl Mark
      really expect anything else from the "Mother Church"?

      In God,

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      According to the PM, the question of real estate status in Palestine
      does not threaten the dialogue process with ROCOR.

      The juridical procedure to formalise the MP ownership of land in
      Palestine does not threaten the process of dialogue with ROCOR - so
      commented the MP on the recent ROCOR press release.

      " The incumbent pieces of land were returned to the MP a very long
      time before the process of dialogue started (respectively in 1997 and
      in 2000). We could not assume that their actual status would be
      questioned once again", said archpriest Nicholas Balashov, Head of
      the Secretariat for relations between Orthodox of the MP Department
      of Foreign affairs.

      "If our dialogue with the ROCOR is to be fruitful, it is important to
      leave this old property dispute and to take, as a starting point, the
      reality of the situation as it was established when the talks
      started. The latter have to concentrate on more important theological
      and canonical questions", father Nicolas Balashov stressed."

      There will remain no more place for such disputes when the full
      communion between us is restored. We are called to be a single
      Church, even if certain difference will be kept on the administrative
      plane, including in the questions of real estate ".

      Father Nicholas reminded that, in August, 2004, the MP Synod had
      decided not to lodge any court action about ROCOR real estate. A
      similar decision had then been taken by the ROCOR Synod".

      [...]

      Information Sedmitza-Ru / Itar-tass