Economy for repenting ROCOR

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      Dear List,

      Hieromonk Sabbas (Toutounov), from Paris, recently joined the MP, I
      think. He used to be with the Eulogians.

      You will surely find it interesting to see how he predicts that
      economy will be applied temporarily to the ROCOR as she unites with
      the MP (my translation from the French).

      In God,

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      --- In orthodoxierusseoccident@yahoogroupes. Hieromonk "Sabbas "
      (Tutunov) < stoutounov@y...> wrote:

      ROCOR is precisely an entity which has no eucharistic communion with
      the majority of Orthodox Churches. Neither does it have, let us say,
      any administrative union with them. Consequently, the priority for
      the MP is to restore this communion and this union.

      The MP therefore applies economy by accepting that, in a first phase,
      the ROCOR will keep its current structure. In no way does this mean
      that this is viewed as the definitive model. This is a question of
      pastoral priority.

      This move contributes to "putting an end to the jurisdictional
      divisions within the Russian emigration ". At least, unity with the
      ROCOR will be restored. This unity is non existent for the time
      being.

      See also:
      http://www.orthodoxie-online.net/orthodoxie/html/modules.php?
      name=News&new_topic=31