Private music our kids listen to

  • Theodora Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2005
      Bless Father
      If you really wanted an eye opener you should have watched the interview
      with a group of teenagers about their sex lives!!!!!!!!!! Ugh I thought to
      watch to see how things have changed but 5 minutes and off went the telly to
      the oldie golden movie channel. I can't believe what was said , being done,
      and that they even put in on the air.....but then, I am a hermit. But it
      was educating if one wanted to learn all that stuff. But that is what is
      happening with "children" today.

      Theodora in The Mountains

      You are right, however the media has some standards that
      govern the videos on television. These standards are far
      more accepting than I am, but at least they can't show what
      they want to over the air. I try to watch some of the videos
      (at least as much as I can stomach). However, the videos on
      MTV or VH1 are pretty tame compared to the private
      production videos available to any teenager. The lyrics are
      far more graphic. Unfortunately most parents don't
      understand the lyrics and they far too often just allow kids
      to hear what they want to hear. Same goes for internet chat
      rooms and video games. Somehow, though, the music affects
      every child. Its everywhere.

      Fr. Alexis Duncan
      Joy of All Who Sorrow Russian Orthodox Church
      Atlanta, GA
      www.orthodoxinfo.biz