Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Ban him

  • michael nikitin
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 28, 2005
      Archbishop Averky of Holy Trinity Monastery and Syracuse
      called the MP a harlot. This doesn't sound like someone who
      recognizes the mysteries of the MP.

      The MP was not persecuted. They are one with the Soviets.
      Our bishops knew the MP, together with the Soviets, persecuted
      the Tikhonite and Catacomb Church.

      Michael N

      "Fr. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@...> wrote: Vladimir Kozyreff wrote:

      > You write: "Vl. Nikon fully agreed with Metropolitan Anthony's views;
      > Archbishop Averky did not".
      >
      > Your statement might induce your readers in error.
      >
      > It might be interesting for the List to know that the disagreement
      > you mention concerned only Vl Antony's view on salvation. All of the
      > three hierarchs were in perfect agreement about the MP's lack of
      > canonicity and apostolic succession.

      JRS: In fact, all three were in agreement that they did recognize the
      Apostolic succession and the mysteries of the Moscow Patriarchate.

      What they did not recognize, was the official denial the MP was forced
      to make about the Church being persecuted in Russia.