Need Simple English Liturgy Music

  • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2004
      With the ordination to the priesthood of our long-time Deacon, Fr.
      Christopher Horsley (Axios!), we will begin having English Divine Liturgies
      at Holy Transfiguration Cathedral after a hiatus of many years. The former
      English choir director is long gone, and I have none of the music we used
      to sing.

      Could you please help me locate a source of music for a simple English
      Liturgy - 3 or 4 part harmony, keeping to simple Russian standard chants?

      Ideally, this would be on a web site with files in .pdf that I could
      download from, but other methods are a possibility.

      Thank you for your help in advance.

      With love in Christ,

      Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

    • Ryan Thompson
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2004
        Dear Fr. Alexander,

        One useful website might be www.PODOBEN.com. Our small English Chior in Minneapolis has used many of the settings availible on this site. Along with this the Music Books provided through St. John of Kronstadt press may prove to be useful. The music from both sourses form the bulk of our Parish's collection of English music.

        The numbers on our English kliros have ranged from one to six people. With a small chior like this you should find the music fabove easy to use.

        Rdr. Tikhon
        St. Panteleimon's Russian Orthodox Church, Minneapolis MN

        "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...> wrote:
        With the ordination to the priesthood of our long-time Deacon, Fr.
        Christopher Horsley (Axios!), we will begin having English Divine Liturgies
        at Holy Transfiguration Cathedral after a hiatus of many years. The former
        English choir director is long gone, and I have none of the music we used
        to sing.

        Could you please help me locate a source of music for a simple English
        Liturgy - 3 or 4 part harmony, keeping to simple Russian standard chants?

        Ideally, this would be on a web site with files in .pdf that I could
        download from, but other methods are a possibility.

        Thank you for your help in advance.

        With love in Christ,

        Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2004
          Hello Fr. Alexander,

          Is there a reason why You didn't ask me?

          In Christ,

          Vera

        • pvgol@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2005
            Happy New Year to all on this list. I apologize for accidentaly publically
            posting a private email.

            Vera