Fwd: Something is Wrong

  • michael nikitin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
      Something is wrong alright. This post was sent last week as some are aware, but appears to have gotten lost.

      An interesting statement. To portray present MP bishops "out of the fold of KGB" because they were consecrated after 1990 when Russia became "free"...?

      First, those overwhelming majority of bishops consecrated after 1990 were primed before Russia became "free". They were schooled in KGB controlled seminaries to become bishops just for this purpose, most likely for 1990 change to come.

      I am surprised Fr.Alexander does not see this? Can we trust information when those writing it are blind to what is going on?

      Second, it's interestingly obvious that the priests on this list all of a sudden defend Sergianism and the MP. They even go to the extreme of finding mistakes in ROCA to bolster their defense of MP.

      Are there no priests in US to defend ROCA? Is Australia and South America the last defense of ROCA? Where are the priests in US?

      Michael N

      "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...> wrote:
      And one more point about KGB bishops and collaborators (90% of the bishops of the MP!).

      It should be noted that out of 156 bishops of the MP listed in the current (1995) official Calendar, only 22 were consecrated before 1985, and the
      overwhelming number of bishops were consecrated in the 1990's/. This means that some 80% of the bishops of the MP have been consecrated since the time
      of "perestroika" --when no more control of the Church by the KGB existed.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
        Quoting michael nikitin <nikitinmike@...>:

        > An interesting statement. To portray present MP bishops "out of the fold of
        > KGB" because they were consecrated after 1990 when Russia became "free"...?
        >
        > First, those overwhelming majority of bishops consecrated after 1990 were
        > primed before Russia became "free". They were schooled in KGB controlled
        > seminaries to become bishops just for this purpose, most likely for 1990
        > change to come.

        Your point is well taken, Michael. One does not root out such treachery quite
        so easily... and it becomes all but impossible if there is no recognition that
        it was treachery in the first place.

        > Are there no priests in US to defend ROCA? Is Australia and South America the
        > last defense of ROCA? Where are the priests in US?

        There are plenty of us, not to "defend ROCA", but rather to defend the Faith.
        Just tired of useless polemics.