Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Silent Night

  • CW
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
      Begging your apologies. I stand corrected. It is Kol'ady however, it is sung to the tune of Silent Night. I have three verses which I offer.
      Please excuse the spelling and accent marks as my eyesight is failing.

      Jasna zorja, nyni schodit
      V Viflejemi Car' sha rodit.
      L'udske tilo Boh prijmae,
      I proviny vs'i pros'c'aje:
      Slava, slava Bohu
      Slava, slave Bohu

      Rod likuje, dzvony brajut,
      I Maladenca vs'i vitajut.
      Mol'at s'c'iro so slezami,
      Poseli mir mez'du nami;
      Slava, slava Bohu,
      Slava, slava Bohu

      Luc'a'n dol'u nam prisnosit,
      Pravdy slova vs'im holosit.
      Vz'e minulsja zakon krov'i,
      Nastupaje v'ik fubovi;
      Slava, slava Bohu
      Slava, slava Bohu

      You are really a great lot of people on this site and I appreciate you very much. It was due to your input I managed to find the last verses. I also did a nice search on Ruthenia and found its' history and additional information.

      May the Spirit of Truth abound in this group and my our minds be always open to the truth. Thank you.

      a servant of God,
      the sinner Jéan-Claude