Montreal Iveron Icon of the Theotokos found?

  • Felipe Ortiz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2004
      Dear friends,

      Exactly seven years ago, our Brother José Muñoz (of blessed memory) was
      killed in Athens and the wonderworking Montreal Iveron Icon of the
      Mother of God he custodiated disappeared.

      Nowadays, in South American ROCOR Parishes, some interesting news are
      being told. There are many people here saying that the Myrrh-streaming
      Icon was recently found (by miracle?) in the same small Athos Skete from
      which Br José Muñoz had originally brought it.

      Is it true? Has anyone else learned of this, and can confirm (or not)
      such news?

      Thanks in advance.

      Felipe Ortiz
      unworthy catechumen
      Holy Trinity Church (ROCOR) -- São Paulo, Brazil