Re: [orthodox-synod] "New found friends"?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2004
      Rd. Timothy Tadros wrote:

      > New found friends with Vladyka Alypy!
      >
      > http://www.roca.org/chicagoanddetroit/newpage5.htm

      JRS: These are not "new found friends". The Greek Metropolitan Iakovos
      has been friends with Vl. Alypy for as many years as I can remember,
      since the days when I was in Chicago. The Serbian seminarians, and also
      a Russian musical group that performs chamber music, all had known Vl.
      Alypy before. The same applies to Bishop Job.

      There was also a Roman Catholic bishop present, and a young priest who
      accompanied him. They took no part in the services, but merely
      attended them, along with the music program afterwards; they also went
      to the dinner.

      It's interesting to note that Vl. Alypy spoke to the gathering in
      English; everyone else, so far as I recall, spoke Russian.