Address to the Orthodox Christian users of the Internet

  • Ivan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      "That they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You;
      that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You
      sent Me." (John 17:21)

      Brothers and sisters!

      We kindly invite you to visit the biggest active directory of the
      Orthodox Christian Internet resources «Orthodox Christianity.ru».

      Our multi-lingual internet directory has been developing at a very
      fast pace with new additions taking place constantly, thanks to God
      and efforts of our volunteers from all around the World. We are glad
      to inform you that many versions of our directory already exist
      including Russian, English, Romanian, Serbian, French, German,
      Polish, Bulgarian, Norwegian and Georgian ones containing more than
      2700 annotated links to Orthodox Christian Internet sites. They are
      classified according to more than 200 directory categories. The
      directory has search and rating systems. The directory receives more
      than 30000 visits monthly.

      The directory founders and maintainers have no commercial, political
      or any other mercenary aims in mind. The directory's main goals are
      as follows:

      collect and categorize a maximum number of Orthodox Christian
      Internet resources no matter what the site language(s) is;
      to provide internet users with unrestricted access and easy to use
      interface to the directory collection;
      to create a common network of Orthodox Christian Internet resources
      by the way of exchanging links/banners between Orthodox sites.
      We strongly believe that fulfilling these tasks will serve for the
      good of our Holy Orthodox Church and will be useful for all of us –
      authors or the readers alike. Achieving these goals will require
      even more efforts, but with God's blessing this is possible if the
      editors' work is supported by your prayers and active participation.

      We kindly ask for help in expanding our directory. Please send us
      links to the Orthodox Internet resources not already included in the
      directory - web address, title and description, - for example:

      url: http://www.myriobiblos.gr/
      title: Miriobiblos. Online library of the church of Greece
      English and many other languages. Library sections: Sacred Liturgy,
      Spiritual Life, Saints, Monasticism, Patrology, Theology, History of
      Church, Canon Law, Art, Philosophy, Sociology, Byzantine History,
      Modern Greek History, Greek Literature, Christian Europe and others.

      To check if the site is already in the directory please use our
      search page http://www.orthodoxlinks.info/advanced.php with the
      site's address as a search string. Please contact us if you are an
      author of a similar Orthodox directory and are ready to share your
      collection of links with us.

      We will be thankful if you are able to help us with translations of
      site descriptions present in the directory and with creation of new
      language versions of the directory. At present we need you help
      mostly with translations into Russian from English, Serbian,
      Bulgarian, Greek, Spanish and Arabian languages and also with
      translations from Russian and English into Georgian, Greek, Spanish,
      Arabian, Finnish, Japanese and Chinese languages.

      Please report any mistakes or inaccuracies in the workings of our
      directory. We would also like to hear your ideas on its development.

      May we ask you to inform your orthodox friends about our directory
      and also to include the information on the directory in Orthodox
      news reports, on your regional internet discussion boards, mailing
      lists and echo-conferences (you can use the following text for this
      purpose: http://www.orthodoxlinks.info/address.php ).

      May we ask for your prayers for salvation and well-being of God's
      humble servants Fr. Vasile, Fr. Vladimir, Fr. Vladimir, Dn. Zivojin,
      Alexander, Alexander, Alexander, Alexander, Alexius, Alexius,
      Anatoly, Anatoly, Andrew, Andrew, Andrew, Anthony, Valery, Vera,
      Vladimir, Galina, George, George, Givi, Leonid, David, Daniel,
      Dimitry, Dimitry, Eugene, Igor, Igor, Ivan, Khatuna, Love, Maxim,
      Marina, Natalia, Oleg, Olga, Peter, Rostislav, Serge, Tatiana,
      Photinia, Jagoda and their loved ones. Their voluntary efforts make
      this directory a reality.

      Yours in Christ,
      Directory editors «Orthodox Christianity.ru».
      http://www.orthodoxlinks.info/
      Email: http://www.orthodoxlinks.info/feedback.php