Re: "Sviatitiel'" Sergii? - Total hogwash.

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 71 , Oct 6, 2004
      Dear Father Victor, bless.

      The MP should not repent in Met. Sergius's place, but should repent
      for following him and for claiming that he took the right decision.
      The MP should not condemn Met. Sergius but condemn his actions and
      his false teaching.

      Some in ROCOR, in their effort to justify the rapprochement with the
      MP, maintain the confusion between condemning a person and
      condemning his actions. "Seergianism is all right because we cannot
      condemn Met Sergius. We cannot condemn him, because we all sin". The
      distinction between condemning a person and condemning actions is
      however elementary in the exercise of discernment.

      Stating that in the negotiations with the MP in Munich, it was
      resolved that the person and the actions of Met Sergius were not to
      be discussed because "he is MP's sviatitiel' " is hogwash.

      Stating that we have resolved on this forum that the person and the
      actions of Met Sergius should not be discussed is not hogwash.

      Is it hogwash to believe that the MP does not want Met Sergius's
      person and actions to be discussed (whether in Munich or in Moscow)
      and that the ROCOR agrees with this?

      I am afraid we are not progressing at all, except in deliberately
      organised confusion.

      In God,

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, frvboldewskul@a... wrote:
      > Dear Vladimir,
      > Context. My comment was in a context to Fr. Basil. Likewise, Fr.
      Alexander's
      > comment of "hogwash" was within a context, and not related to
      anything I or
      > Protodeacon Basil wrote.
      >
      > Priest Victor Boldewskul
      >
      > In a message dated 10/5/04 4:55:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      > vladimir.kozyreff@s... writes:
      >
      > > Dear father Victor, bless.
      > >
      > > You write: "At least we resolved that the Moscow Patriarchate
      does
      > > not need to repent for or condemn Metropolitan Sergius. The
      person
      > > of Metropolitan Sergius then is off the table. We are making
      > > progress".
      > >
      > > Do you mean that this is not "hogwash" after all?
      > >
      > > In God,

    • vkozyreff
      Message 71 of 71 , Oct 6, 2004