Re: New Forum of ROCOR

  • Athanasios Jayne
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2004
      (from the link)

      "My name is Gregory and I am Orthodox.
      I'm interested in the situation in the Russian
      Church and have observed and studied the
      matters pertaining to it. I am not from the
      ROCOR, nor am I from the MP..."

      Well, his claim to Orthodoxy may be as
      debatable as the subject of his post. Why
      the "I'm Gregory X, who is Orthodox, but not
      Y or Z..."? Why the apparent reluctance to
      disclose his identity or jurisdictional
      connection?

      "He that doeth truth cometh to the light."

      Athanasios Jayne, ROCOR.

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, byakimov@c... wrote:

      > Ïîæàëóéñòà çàãëÿíèòå íà íîâûé ôîðóì ÐÏÖÇ www.pravforum.org
      > Please visit  our www.pravforum.org
      >
      > http://www.pravforum.org/forum/
      viewtopic.php?p=114&sid=29099a2f6b29f9f368f1932dc16c13c9#114
      > (In English)
    • vkozyreff
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
        Dear Athanasios,

        When questions seems difficult to find an answer, the usual reflex
        is to try to discredit the person. The simplest way is to say: "How
        dares he? Who is he?" Is this Christian?

        Let us suppose that Gregory should decline his identity in more
        details.

        But what about the substance of what he says?

        In God,

        Vladimir Kozyreff

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Athanasios Jayne"