RE: [orthodox-synod] Re: Sviatitel' Sergij

  • Fr. Alexis Duncan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1 5:45 AM
      Are you calling me a fanatic dear father?

      And how dare you besmirch the memory of Vladika Philaret of
      blessed memory. You do it every chance you get. Any one else
      you would wish to defame? Interesting how we can do a "snow
      job" on Met Sergius and his followers and at the same time
      drag our own saintly hierarchs through the mud shamelessly.
      We bend over backwards to appease the MP and at the same
      time befoul the memory of those whose incorrupt relics bear
      witness to their holiness.

      There is no "modern Orthodoxy"? Look at the new calendar
      jurisdictions where they openly profess ecumenism and all
      dallies into modernism. Look the abrogation of fasting. Look
      at the almost complete erasure of confession in some
      locales. Look at the simplistic attitudes that mark a
      debased humanism that permeates the modernists.

      The world is turned upside down. Black has become white and
      white, black. I shake my head.

      Fr. Alexis Duncan
      Joy of All Who Sorrow Russian Orthodox Church
      Atlanta, GA
      www.orthodoxinfo.biz

      > The Russian Church Abroad needs to repent of nothing
      > whatsoever. The idea!

      JRS: Come now!

      ROCOR has unfortunately made a lot of mistakes in the past.

      I have always maintained that the most serious ones took
      place under
      Metropolitan Philaret: by far the greatest, being involved
      with the
      Panteleimon-coterie in Boston.

      But there were others.

      However, we cannot speak of a church or a nation
      "repenting". Only
      individuals repent: groups of people may change their
      direction.

      > But the Church that preserved the Faith
      > amid the howls and degradations of what we call "modern
      > Orthodoxy" has nothing that stains Her spotless garment.

      JRS: In general, nothing ever can stain the spotless garment
      of the
      Orthodox Church: the Church is the mystical Body of Christ,
      in this
      world and the next.

      There is no "modern Orthodoxy". Orthodoxy is the same for
      all time.
      There are certain individuals and movements, but there is
      only the one
      Orthodox Church.

      > Liberalism never
      > changes does it?