Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: His Grace Bishop Gabriel's interview

  • gene703
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2004
      Gentleman please, we are all Christians here let's show some love for each other for if we do not have love for each other nothing else matters. This MP/ROCOR thing has fried everybody's nerves. Now we have clergy sniping at each other. Bp. Gabriel has not said anything outrageous in this interview. As a matter of fact he is rather diplomatic in all his pronouncements. If this interview was posted on ROCOR site next to fr. Lebedeff "time to know our history" article it would just show a perfectly acceptable range of opinions on the subject. Nowhere in the interview is he suggesting stopping, reversing or abandoning the negotiations or positioning himslef as an opponent if it. All he is saying is that some lay ROCOR people are a bit concerned with what's happenning. Which is just stating the obvious. Hey just look at me. I am very concerned, you read some of my posts.

      Please let as all work on this sobornost thing. We are all on the same side. Let's just get through it in one piece.

      I love ya all, you are my church
      In Christ
      Gene T

      Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko <StefanVPavlenko@...> wrote:
      If the Synod of Bishops wants to interview one of its Bishops for the
      CHURCH ABROAD Web page they can and should, but to LOWER the Churches
      standards by REPRINTING this private newspaper's article is an insult
      to Bishop Gabriel and the Church Abroad. Please think of what you are
      DEMANDING of the SYNOD OF BISHOPS, THE CHURCH ABROAD and our METROPOLITAN.

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, byakimov@c... wrote:
      > If our Synod webmasters have any respect for the Secretary of the
      Synod -
      > his Grace Bishop Gabriel - then
      > this interview will be posted on the ROCA website ASAP, otherwise we
      will
      > all come to own conclusions as required.....
      >
      > http://www.rusk.ru/st.php?idar=102507 (In Russian)

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT