Re: [orthodox-synod] nice article, invitation reminder

  • ourlittlecity@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2004
      Recently, on a return trip from Conneticut, we stopped by to visit the
      Church. It was Monday and we came just prior to the end of a funeral, so we didn't
      get to meet anyone. It is a lovely Church, unfortunately we will be unable to
      make it, but we will be in the area again. I have a picture of the Casket
      being taken out of the Church, if the family would like a copy. It was Monday,
      August 30th.

      Rdr john dunn

    • (matushka) Ann Lardas
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2004
        >It is a lovely Church, unfortunately we will be unable to
        make it, but we will be in the area again. I have a picture of the
        Casket being taken out of the Church, if the family would like a
        copy. It was Monday, August 30th.<

        Thank you! I'm sure Maria's family would be pleased. I'm sorry not to
        have met you! I had to take our oldest to college that day.

        When Fr. George first moved here, while the kids and I were still in
        Texas finishing the school year, he said that the church itself
        reminded him so much of Jordanville that he expected to see familiar
        faces of monks if he turned and looked out the door to the side.
        Only, there was no door to the side, because, being built during
        WWII, our church is considerably smaller. But even when he was new to
        the parish, it felt familiar, and like home.

        I'm sorry you can't make it for the Jubilee. We welcome everyone who
        can come.

        With love in Christ,
        Matushka Ann