[orthodox-synod] Re: Being as Communion

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 1999
      Kenneth,

      You are such a bright man!

      To think: You wrote that charming, theologically brillant essay while the
      boss was breathing down your neck.

      I, on the other hand, am on vacation in central Florida at the moment, about
      to go out and sit in the sun, so that, when I return to the North, my Yankee
      friends will say: "Where have you been, Florida?" Yes.

      They mistakenly said that, when I returned from England in the spring, too,
      but, oh, well. It does not rain all the time in England. That's my
      explanation.

      You are quite right, and so was Father Alexander Schmemann (whose name,
      mysteriously, did not come up). Is that absence because some on the List
      practice Stalinist revisionism, and air brush away images of those who have
      fallen into disfavor?

      What day is this? It's Friday. I'ts "Freya's Tag," but, since Freya was a
      pagan goddess, we are going to have to invent a new and ideologically
      sensitive new name, which we shall all accept and propagate as The Orthodox
      Christian response to the heathen.

      Just tweaking noses here and there,

      Father Andrew
    • Udut, Kenneth
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 1999
        Oh, nothing so overwhealming as that.

        I've never actually read a word of
        Father Alexander Schmemann. Really!

        [well, I hear quotes on lists, but
        never read anything from him].

        No - the little 'pop-pop-pop'
        of "a-ha_now_i'm_beginning_to_get_it"'s,
        came from spending this week reading
        _Being As Communion_.

        Perhaps he quotes Father Aleksander
        in there.