[orthodox-synod] "Herald" No 8 - Montreal and London pictures

  • Christopher Birchall
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 1999
      This is to let you know that Issue No 8 of the Canadian Orthodox Herald /
      Pravoslavnij Vestnik v Kanade for November 1999 is now available on our web
      site in English and may be accessed at:

      http://209.224.105.17/cohonline.html

      The Russian text is expected to be available next week. Contents of this
      issue include:

      Basic Facts Page - The Expectation of the Nations
      Holy Protection Church in Ottawa (link to existing page, which has been
      updated with links to local news coverage)
      Biography of the Elder Gabriel (continuation)
      Church News (including update on rebuilding the cathedral after the fire
      last year)
      Building Progress in Montreal (pictures)

      The news also includes some pictures of the new church of the Dormition of
      the Mother of God in London, England, which is a beautiful building in
      ancient Russian style.

      The September 1999 issue (No. 7) has been posted for some time and may also
      be found at the above web address. It includes an edifying epistle from
      Metropoltian Vitaly and articles on "The Law and the Prophets" and evening
      worship in the Orthodox Church.

      **********************

      I would appreciate receiving your input on the following question.

      We are considering using Adobe Acrobat in future to produce the internet
      edition in both Russian and English simultaneously in PDF format and cut
      down on the amount of work involved, while making the internet version
      identical to the printed copy. The Acrobat reader can be downloaded free of
      charge from the Adobe site, and many people will already have it installed.
      However it does make more demands on computer power. We do not wish to
      restrict access to people who can afford the latest most powerful models.
      So, if you have an interest in reading the on line version of this
      publication but would find PDF format (Acrobat) difficult to use on your
      computer, please let me know.

      I would also be interested to know if anyone has experience using Adobe
      Acrobat for Russian text.

      Please e-mail me privately at: cjb@...

      Protodeacon Christopher Birchall
      Editor.