[orthodox-synod] Re: Status of St. Isaac Skete in Wisconsin (fwd)

  • Fr. Gregory Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 1999
      ...if one were strict in this, and not
      >being inconsistent no one would have hardly any books to read as most of the
      >good english books are published by the Hermanites, which is their life
      >blood, or Catholics(esp. Cistercians) or this and that group who is not in
      >communion with us.

      Hey, come on, Michael! We publish quite a few good books (about 50 of
      them, not counting any of the liturgical or music books), as does Holy
      Trinity, and no few others scattered around here and there. Problem with
      books from the Hermanites (and we carry plenty of them) is you always have
      to be on the alert for landmines buried in the text, footnotes or
      appendices. At least the Cistercians are honestly where they are.
      --Fr. Gregory Williams

      1180 Orthodox Way
      Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA

      Phone: (615) 536-5239