Russian version of the akathist to the Theotokos 'Healer of Cancer'

  • Father Joachim
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6 5:58 PM
      Would any list member be able to direct me to a web page for a
      downloadable Russian language version of the Akathist to the
      Theotokos `Queen of All' or `Pantanassa' – `The Healer of Cancer'.
      The original icon, painted in the 17th C, is located in the Holy
      monastery of Vatopedi on the Holy Mountain. In 1994/95 a copy was
      painted at Vatopedi and sent to Russia where it is now located in the
      Church of All Saints in the former Novo-Alekseyevsky Monastery in
      Moscow. It was here that the Akathist to this icon was written in the
      Russian language in 1996 and which is chanted during a molieben for
      the sick each Sunday in All Saints Church.

      The English version of this Akathist has recently been published by,
      if I remember correctly, St Paisius Abbey, Arizona, and the
      introduction to their booklet makes mention that it was translated
      from this original Russian version.

      This request is being posted to a number of lists in the hope of
      eliciting a response from anyone who is able to help.

      Thank you.

      Hieromonk Joachim