When Christ becames all to man

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004
      [IMAGE]

           When Christ becames ALL to man

                          St. Nikolai mostwise bishop of Ochrid and Zicha

      Until Christ becomes all for the soul completely all which generally has a
      certain permanent and unchanging value, until then, man cannot enter into
      suffering for Christ. How could St. Marina the fifteen-year-old girl enter
      into suffering for Christ? For to her, Christ was all completely all! How
      could Saint Julitta have rejoiced upon seeing her three year old son
      Cyriacus dead for the Faith of Christ? Again, for her, Christ was all
      completely all. Behold, how St. Tikhon of Zadonsk speaks in detail of how
      Christ is all to man in the form of a conversation between Christ and man:

      "Do you desire good for yourself?

      Every good is in Me.

      Do you desire blessedness?

      Every blessedness is in Me.

      Do you desire beauty?

      What is more beautiful than Me?

      Do you desire nobleness?

      What is more noble than the Son of God and the Holy Virgin?

      Do you desire height?

      What is higher than the Kingdom of Heaven?

      Do you desire riches?

      In Me are all riches.

      Do you desire wisdom?

      I am the Wisdom of God.

      Do you desire friendship?

      Who is a kinder friend than I Who lay down My life for all?

      Do you desire help?

      Who can help except Me?

      Do you seek joy?

      Who will rejoice outside of Me?

      Do you seek comfort in misery?

      Who will comfort you outside of Me?

      Do you seek peace?

      I am the peace of the soul.

      Do you seek life?

      In Me is the source of life.

      Do you seek light?

      'I am the Light of the world' " (St. John 8:12).