Three questions

  • Felipe Ortiz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2004
      Dear friends,

      (i) Does anyone have the full text of Metropolite Sergius' Declaration of
      July 16th/29th 1927, in which he express his loyalty to Communist regime? I
      would like both the original Russian text and a translation into English.

      (ii) Does the Church of Georgia follow the Old or the New Calendar?

      (iii) Has anyone read this book
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0813340675/qid=1091234012/sr=1
      -6/ref=sr_1_6/103-1483375-9079040?v=glance&s=books? Is it a good one?

      Thanks in advance,

      Felipe Ortiz
      unworthy catechumen
      Holy Trinity Church (ROCOR), São Paulo, Brazil
    • podnoss
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Felipe Ortiz"
        <felipeortiz@d...> wrote:
        > Dear friends,
        >

        > (i) Does anyone have the full text of Metropolite Sergius'
        Declaration of
        > July 16th/29th 1927, in which he express his loyalty to Communist
        regime? I
        > would like.........

        http://www.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/sergius2510.html

        http://www.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/9610.html (Secular
        newspaper revisits Metropolitan Sergius' 1927 declaration)

        Which version - the edited or unedited one - are you going on about?

        Affectionately,

        J.W.