[orthodox-synod] Re: Log-in annoyance?

  • David Moser
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1 6:55 AM
      Fr Mark wrote:

      >(such as mangement) inside a specific list. Apparently you can't
      >use the same username at both work and home without having to log in
      >from one or the other. One functional cookie per username. I
      >assume you first logged in from your home address

      Actually, when I read off the web from work, I don't have to log in even though
      it is a different address but same username. Since "cookies" live on your home
      machine (and not on the web server) perhaps it is more likely that the work
      system is set up not to accept cookies and therefore one is never preserved,
      hence the need to log in every session. My work system is quite simple (being a
      small company) and my internet access is a direct phone link from there (but
      through a different provider). Perhaps the size of the work system and
      firewalls/filters/etc may influence the ability of egroups to create that
      necessary cookie.

      Priest David Moser +++ moserd@...

      "Those who are not satisfied with what they have to sustain life but who seek
      for more, make themselves the slaves of passions" - St Anthony the Great
    • Michael Malloy
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1 10:48 AM
        The theory of cookies being responsible would make sense if it happened
        with all of the e groups I read here and at home. It only happens with
        the Synod list, and only while I'm at work. Everything else is a
        direct immediate connection without the log-in interruption...