[orthodox-synod] Re: Ascention Monastery in Georgia - 2

  • Rev. John R. Shaw
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 1999
      I see nothing "alarming" in this. No doubt the permission of the Coptic
      Patriarch is required for visitors to stay at these monasteries. But
      Orthodox Christians are not forbidden to visit these places or to study
      manuscripts in the ancient libraries or the like; if they were going there
      for concelebration, that would be another matter. I strongly doubt,
      however, that they are!
      Fr. John R. Shaw