Are the Mailing Lists Broken?

  • Paul O. BARTLETT
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2004
      I am wondering whether the orthodox-synod and -rocor mailing lists
      are broken. I have been receiving only a comparatively few posts in
      both lists together since Friday (today is Wednesday). I have tried to
      post a reply twice to one message without success. A direct logon to
      YahooGroups does not show a large number of posts recorded even there.
      I have tried to contact the list owners by email to no avail. With so
      few messages showing up, I can only wonder whether something is amiss,
      or whether it is just me.

      --
      Paul Bartlett
      bartlett "at" smart "dot" net

      Note from moderator:

      I cannot speak to the issue of broken lists, but I can remind
      members that all new subscribers are automatically set to have
      their posts moderated.

      I have been at ORPR camp since the 2nd, and so Paul (who, until
      just now, was still set to moderate status) has been unable to
      post during my hiatus.

      I returned tonight to over a thousand messages which I chose
      to delete via my ISP's webserver, after Norton Anti-virus
      informed me of the nature of many of them. I showed little
      discretion and more or less deleted everything after the first
      virus-laden messages (which began to arrive at my ISP only
      after news of my signature on a clergy appeal appeared on the
      clergy list), so if you have sent me mail in the last week,
      I may not have seen it.

      One set of messages in my mailbox, (including one or more from
      username "kgb") contained up to 28 viruses in each message
      according to Norton. To effectively eliminate the threat I
      deleted the messages before my mailer downloaded them. My ISP
      was able to deal with them much more effectively than Norton.
      The ISP will now be persuing the knaves who resort to such
      tactics when someone dares to speak in dissonance with their
      group-think.

      In Christ,
      pr Mark