Re: [orthodox-synod] Re:

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2004
      John Dunn wrote:

      > The point of my question was quite simple, "Who believes the MP is
      our
      > {ROCOR's} friend? How is asking that question contrary to Christ's
      teaching?

      JRS: I am tempted to answer your question with another question:

      "Who believes the Greek Old Calendar movement is our (ROCOR's) friend?

      I think many of us once believed it was. We sacrificed a normal
      relationship with most of the other Orthodox for the sake of that
      movement, only to be reviled and abused by it. We nourished a sort of
      Greek-American Old Calendar movement within our own ROCOR, only to reap
      some pretty bitter fruit.

      Later, we thought that Valentine of Suzdal was our "friend". But that
      led to a similar pattern to the Greek Question.

      The truth is that Christ is our Friend, and that the Orthodox Church
      throughout this world, and in the next, is where our spiritual
      friendships lie.