Good sergianism

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      Dear List,

      We understand now that sergianism is not an issue any longer, because
      we do not know any longer what sergianism is about.

      Let us forget what ecumenism is about, and it will stop being an
      issue.

      Is this not the real path to unity?

      The Paris theological school opened the way. Why not follow it? Let
      us say: there is a bad sergianism and a good one. As long as we
      support the good one, there will be no problem.

      In God,

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      The unity of "Ecumenism" is a myth which makes it impossible to use
      this term as the name of a "heresy." There is good "ecumenism" and
      bad "ecumenism." And as long as the Orthodox are permitted to fight
      for the "good" one against the "bad" one, as long as their voice is
      heard, as long as their consensus (with a few possible exceptions)
      remains obvious and in fact increases, the question of the usefulness
      of our participation in events like Uppsala may be debated as well as
      that of our tactics, greater unity, better preparation, etc., but
      there should be no room for accusations of betrayal and innuendos of
      all kinds.

      A Reply to the "Sorrowful Epistle" by Fr. Alexander Schmemann

      http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/schmem_azkoul.aspx