Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: undermining our metropolitan & hierarchs

  • michael nikitin
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 2, 2004
      I'm glad Fr.John agrees with the rest of the post.

      Michael N

      "Fr. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@...> wrote:
      Regarding:

      > The ROCOR was founded in 1920, in accordance with a directive of
      Patriarch
      > Tikhon.

      JRS: In his polemical exchange of articles with Fr. Joseph Pishtey, in
      the aftermath of the 1970 Autocephaly of the OCA, Fr. George Grabbe
      denied that 1920 was technically the correct date for the formation of
      ROCOR.

      The correct year was 1921, which is why ROCOR celebrated its 50th
      anniversary in the fall of 1971 -- following the Montreal Sobor of that
      year.

    • michael nikitin
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 2, 2004