Re: Websites for ROCOR visit to Russia

  • DDD
    Message 1 of 51 , Jun 1, 2004
      Yes, this was precisely the position of St. NHM Kyrill of Kazan'.

      "This proceeds, of course, from the fact that you and the Synod understand a negative attitude to your activity in church administration to be a denial of the Church Herself, Her Mysteries and all Her holy things. This is why it so amazes you that, while refraining from celebrating Liturgy with you, I nonetheless do not consider either myself or you to be outside the Church." !!
      -- Epistle No 3 October 28-30/Nov. 10-12, 1929

      And a letter from 1934:

      "The disorder in the Russian Orthodox Church I view not as concerning the teaching which She holds, but as concerning administration."

      And, very much to the point, from Epistle No. 5, February 1934:

      "Reproaching him with failing to oppose, and consequently of belonging to, a heresy, we risk depriving them of the psychological possibility of re-uniting with us and losing them forever for Orthodoxy."

      --from *Russia's Catacomb Saints*, Ivan Andreev, section on St. Cyril

      --Dimitra

      On 2 Jun 2004 01:36:35 -0000, orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      To put it briefly not being in
      communion does not imply the MP was (is) heretical".
    • DDD