to be born-again

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 11:22 AM
      Dear List,

      Do we know anything of the whereabouts, reaction and future of Vl
      Yevtikhy and Vl Agafangel following the historical meeting between
      Vl Lavr and Met Alexy II?

      Do we know anything about the present mood in our Russian parishes?

      Earlier, some (naively) believed that the MP would become
      progressively more ROCOR-compatible, more honest and more palatable
      with time, with emerging, non KGB-contaminated, new generations of
      bishops ("things take time").

      Things turned out to take much less time than predicted. Vl Mark, as
      it seems, thinks that the change will come from the ROCOR, which
      will train a new generation of clergy, better adapted to the union
      with the MP.

      Is this a re-birth of the ROCOR?

      "There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the
      Jews: the same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, rabbi, we
      know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these
      miracles that thou doest, except god be with him. Jesus answered and
      said unto him, verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born-
      again, he cannot see the kingdom of God".
      John 3:1-3

      In God,