Re: Websites for ROCOR visit to Russia V & L

  • DDD
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26 11:56 AM
      Of course not.
      I'm not familiar with what :^) means exactly, so maybe I missed the intended nuance of your message. What does :^) mean? :)
      If your below question was just a joke, please disregard my serious reply.

      My point, though, was that it doesn't make them *Catholic," either, just because they use the name.
      The *Orthodox* Church *IS* the *Catholic* Church, One, Holy, and Apostolic--before the Schism of 1054 and after the Schism of 1054... even though Rome (which *used* to be part of the Catholic Church) broke away, but continued to use the name.
      Likewise, the ROCOR with its lawfully-elected head, Metr. Lavr, remains the one ROCOR--both before the schism of 2001 and after the schism of 2001... even though Mansonville (ROCIE) (which *used* to be part of ROCOR) broke away but continues to use the name. I'm trying for an analogy here... ;)
      Thanks!

      --Dimitra

      P.S. It seems that some people (not referring to writer of below question) are so used to thinking of "Catholic" as referring to Rome, that they do not even realize that the title is the title of ***our** Orthodox Church, which title we use in the Creed every liturgy.

      On 23 May 2004 17:09:57 -0000, orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      Let me see. I live close to Epiphany of Our Lord Byzantine
      Catholic Church in northern Virginia. They are obviously
      "Catholic(B)". Does that make them Orthodox? :^)