Websites for ROCOR visit to Russia

  • morechof
    Message 1 of 51 , May 15, 2004
      There are three excellent websites to view Metropolitan Laurus'
      historic visit to Russia. The Russian language websites are very
      very current in delivering pictures and news. The English version
      lag on delivery of the same news but eventually do have the same
      info.

      http://www.pravoslavie.ru (Home Page)
      Has pictures of todays service in Moscow. Todays Pictures are at
      http://www.pravoslavie.ru/cgi-bin/news.cgi?item=2r040515214222

      http://portal-credo.ru (Home Page)
      Has pictures of Metropolitan Laurus' arrival and much much more.

      http://www.mospat.ru/
      Also has pictures of Metropolitan Laurus and Patriarch Alexy II
      meeting yesterday and has past pictures of Metropolitan Laurus.

      Michael Orechoff
      Oxnard, CA
    • DDD
      Message 51 of 51 , Jun 1 10:47 PM
        Yes, this was precisely the position of St. NHM Kyrill of Kazan'.

        "This proceeds, of course, from the fact that you and the Synod understand a negative attitude to your activity in church administration to be a denial of the Church Herself, Her Mysteries and all Her holy things. This is why it so amazes you that, while refraining from celebrating Liturgy with you, I nonetheless do not consider either myself or you to be outside the Church." !!
        -- Epistle No 3 October 28-30/Nov. 10-12, 1929

        And a letter from 1934:

        "The disorder in the Russian Orthodox Church I view not as concerning the teaching which She holds, but as concerning administration."

        And, very much to the point, from Epistle No. 5, February 1934:

        "Reproaching him with failing to oppose, and consequently of belonging to, a heresy, we risk depriving them of the psychological possibility of re-uniting with us and losing them forever for Orthodoxy."

        --from *Russia's Catacomb Saints*, Ivan Andreev, section on St. Cyril

        --Dimitra

        On 2 Jun 2004 01:36:35 -0000, orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        To put it briefly not being in
        communion does not imply the MP was (is) heretical".