Re: Congratulations to Putin

  • achumakov2001
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2004
      Not that it matters much, but I've seen an old photo album produced
      to commemorate some past anniversary of Met. Laurus (it must have
      been his 20 years as bishop, I forgot - I have that book at home).
      There were many congratulatory notes there, including one from the
      White House (pres. Reagan), the Governor of NY and many others. I
      would think that it is quite natural and within the "protocol" for a
      Church leader to congratulate the president and to be congratulated,
      although these congratulations rarely gain as much publicity as the
      one to Putin.