Re: [orthodox-synod] New Trend in Books for Children?

  • cdw
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2004
      I came,
      I saw,
      I left in disgust.

      If we start making body functions a part of everyday
      conversation.....wait a minute....we have.

      I recall being invited by my mother into the kitchen
      where I was given a taste my grandmothers lye soap
      just because I used three holy names out of context.
      If I had used words such as found in that article it
      would have resulted in the same action.

      We are supposed to be apart from the world not part of
      it. Our conversation is supposed to be holy. For out
      of what well do we draw sweet and bitter water? I'm
      sorry but I can't support such kindergarden
      vocabulary. On second thought, I'm not sorry.

      J´┐Żan-Claude

    • Theodora Wright
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2004
        I'm
        > sorry but I can't support such kindergarden
        > vocabulary. On second thought, I'm not sorry.

        Well I think most people must feel that way about the "Captain"books because
        they are not in the book stroe here but my husband says they are in the
        check out lanes at the grocery store, you know, beside the rag
        newpapers...:-)))) that should tell one something. That's why I have never
        seen them as I don't look at those when checking out. I go to book stores
        and even there one must be very careful...though at the one I go to most the
        sales people actually read the books they sale and can tell you about them!
        I find that these people are quiet good in their reports on what is in the
        books and their recommendations have all been very good which make shopping
        there a delight. And old time book store.

        Theodora in The Mountains