Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: ROCOR English Website Content - Lack of

    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 5:44 AM
      X.B.!

      Fr. V. Boldewskul wrote:

      > The
      > Church Abroad no longer reprints pre-Revolutionary texts which
      (before wouldn't
      > be retypset, but simply photographed and set up, in those days).

      JRS: Of course, these books are now being reprinted more cheaply in
      Russia! I believe even some of the books that were once typeset by
      linotype in Jordanville, have also been reprinted in Russia.

      > The most significant news story on the ROCOR website recently
      > was that Holy Trinity Monastery bought a two color press (I assume
      perfecter
      > as well, thus printing both sides of a signature at the same time,
      cutting
      > printing time by almost fifty percent).

      JRS: When I entered the seminary in 1968, Fr. Ignaty said at the
      time, "This printery could carry on its work 24 hours a day" -- but it
      never did. They say the printery has never been used at more than 10%
      of its capacity.

      Perhaps that's in line with the fact that most people still put only a
      dollar in the collection plate -- when they could afford $10, $20
      (especially those who don't come every Sunday!) -- without even
      noticing the difference to their finances.

      It's both inspiring and depressing to think of what we COULD do...