Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: ROCOR English Website Content - Lack of

  • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2004
      Actually, since the new editorial board was appointed (which is headed by
      His Eminence, Archbishop Kyrill), it was decided to address the issue of
      the inconsistencies between the Russian and English versions and the time
      lag that often occurred.

      Since that time, all materials are prepared in both languages and the two
      versions are simultaneously posted.

      I am sure that everyone can understand how much more difficult it is to
      keep the website updated in both languages simultaneously--especially with
      long articles that need to be translated.

      If there are inconsistencies (such as the announcement of Fr. Andrei
      Troufanoff's repose that appeared only on the Russian version)--they are
      anomalies.

      As far as the content goes, we must remember that the site is the official
      voice of the Synod of Bishops--it is not the New York Post. Information
      about the Synod is posted when it is received from the Department of
      Communications of the Synod of Bishops.

      Many questions are not addressed just because there is not yet information
      about them. The itinerary for Metropolitan Laurus's visit to Russia is
      still not completely finalized, for example, so what is being posted is
      that which is available.

      Another question regarding content has to do with not receiving materials
      from various dioceses. We get very little from Canada, Europe, Australia,
      and virtually nothing at all from South America.

      There are no official correspondents, so getting material, with pictures,
      is like pulling teeth.

      Believe me, if we get stuff, we'll post it.

      Any help that can be offered will be gratefully accepted, as will
      suggestions for improving the site.

      With love in Christ,

      Prot. Alexander Lebedeff