Thank you to question/ deacon

  • Theodora Wright
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
      Thank you to all who posted on the list and to me answering my question.

      I see now that the difference in Orthodoxy and other beliefs is really so
      great that one must define terms. The position of Deacon in our Faith is,
      like all, based on our worship of Our Lord..God the Father , Son and Holy
      Spirit. This places all on a spiritual level that differs from my friend.

      The role of Deacon in her service is more that of a Manager..they got a list
      of things to do,,all what we would call "infarstructure manitance" ..a list
      of the division of the people ( several groups) and which group they were to
      visit, and help ( I gather in problems mostly wordly)..etc.

      Our Deacons on the other hand serve the Lord and Priest and Parish from the
      spiritual side I think.

      There it is often hard to talk with non Orthodx until ones can define these
      terms.....please excuse errors as my alligeries are awful today and me head
      is buzzing.

      Theodora in the mountains of pollen :-))))))) I so love Spring..even if it
      doesn't like me
    • StephenATL/????????
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
        Dear Theodora,

        Ask your doctor to proscribe you some ?Flonase?, it is the best allergy
        product ever, and doesn't make you drowsy.

        Stephanos
        a fellow allergy sufferer