Now St. Patrick Day :-)))

  • Theodora Wright
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30 7:05 AM
      Now....A blessed St. Patrick Feast Day to all :-)))))

      The movie was ok [on the telly] but he was an Orthodox Bishop....I wondered
      at the Latin wardrove though :-)))

      Theodora in The Mountains
    • cdw
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31 4:25 PM
        St. Patrick of Ireland is my family patron. It's my
        understanding the Orthodox Church in the west used
        Latin and their vestments reflected a change. St.
        Patrick is usually shown wearing the western style
        miter which is also common in the Coptic Church. I
        have reserve about some of the vestments commonly
        shown in modern depictions of life in Western Europe
        before 1050 AD.

        The writings of St. Patrick which survived to this day
        were written in Latin. Irish Illuminations from the
        Book of Kells and The Book of the Dung Cow as well as
        the Book of Darrow also were written in Latin.

        J´┐Żan-Claude Williams

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html