Altar server's duties

  • aprmih
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2004
      Hello everyone,
      I hope someone can help me here. It has recently become necessary for
      me to instruct our altar boys in the "proper" way of doing things
      during the services. However, since it's been many, many, MANY years
      since my tenure in the altar, I have found that my recollections are
      at best adequate. I suppose that continuing as we have been doing is
      good enough (I've visited not a few churches where the altar boys
      seemed to be as clueless as ours) but if the information is out
      there, we might as well learn to do it right. So... *is* the
      information out there?? Has anything been published that can help me
      refresh my memory and hopefully even educate me in things I was never
      taught?

      Eternally grateful,
      Alex

      ps It's especially embarrassing when our bishop visits... yikes!
    • Joachim Wertz
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2004
        Contact Fr. Stavros Rousos at poysos@.... Though Greek, he has always
        served in the Russian Tradition and has written a handbook for altar
        servers. I also am pretty sure you can get it from The Icon Corner/Sarov
        Press at ntrahan@...

        Joachim Wertz

        From: "aprmih" <aprmih@...>
        Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 05:20:24 -0000
        To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [orthodox-synod] Altar server's duties

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Joachim Wertz
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2004
          *CORRECTION*: that should be poycoc@... But I think you might have
          better luck contacting The Icon Corner/Sarov Press.

          Joachim Wertz