[kosovo highlights] The Damned of Kosovo / Les Damnes du Kosovo (ENGLISH + FRANCAIS)

  • StephenATL/????????
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2004
      http://lesdamnesdukosovo.chiffonrouge.org/

      Letter from Michel Collon & Vanessa Stojilkovic

      Michel Collon, journalist, author
      & Vanessa Stojilkovic, director

      Dear Friend,

      Soon, it will be the 5th "anniversary" of the NATO war against
      Yugoslavia. Permit us to draw your attention to our film The Damned of
      Kosovo. Because we believe it will be useful in your organizing and
      discussions of current events with a very wide public and helpful in
      understanding what's really at stake for all of us today. We also
      believe it will be of great benefit to include with our film recent
      important documentation to show that the situation, already alarming at
      the time of filming, has only gotten worse.

      The war propaganda at the time of the bombing in 1999 was intolerable to
      us, as intolerable as the deafening silence that the media have imposed
      on the region today. If many people were fooled and manipulated at that
      time, it is our duty to everyone today to re-establish the truth and
      above all to give a voice to the forgotten: 20 exclusive witnesses from
      the Serb, Roma, Jewish, Muslim, Turkish, Goran and Albanian communities
      describe the daily terror of today's Kosovo where "NATO has entered into
      a marriage of convenience with the mafia," said an expert.

      Serbia was governed for the last three years by the IMF. 10 million
      people sucked into a vortex of misery... The price of bread has
      quadrupled. 170,000 families in Belgrade can't pay for electricity or
      heating. The IMF is in the process of laying off 800,000 workers. Some
      work 13 hour days, 6 days a week, without social benefits. Soon, they
      will close more factories here and move them there.

      Unlike what some have told us, we are not 'one war too late'! Quite the
      contrary: with their invasion of Iraq the US strategists not only drew
      lessons from Kosovo (most notably in their more and more Machiavellian
      manipulations of public opinion), but they developed a global war that
      began, the day after the Berlin wall came down, in Yugoslavia.

      In fact, after having investigated and conducted many interviews in the
      country, our analysis of the situation in Kosovo and in Yugoslavia
      allows us to conclude without fear of contradiction that this war was
      brought about precisely by the need to control oil routes; the most
      striking example (brought out in our film) being the US military's
      super-base, Camp Bondsteel, constructed in Kosovo, right on the tracks
      of the projected US trans-Balkan pipeline.

      When the US occupies a strategic region, it provokes terrible suffering
      for all the people there. And no solution. If this film can show that in
      Kosovo, for the last four years, nothing has been sorted out, it might
      also help the other people who've been threaten and attacked, all over
      the world, to expose in a simple way the strategy of the US global war
      and its catastrophic results.

      But the resistance to occupation, in Iraq and in Palestine also shows
      that these people just won't let things slide. This film is meant to
      help, in concrete ways, the forgotten people of Kosovo. It exists as an
      NGO project to carry out an international inspection and to bear
      witness.

      How can you help us? By spreading the word about this film in your
      circles. You will find here attached a list of concrete proposals. If
      you can help us to realize even just one of these proposals, you will be
      demonstrating your solidarity with these sacrificed people. And you will
      be helping bring a halt to this runaway global war. Thank you very much.

      Michel Collon & Vanessa Stojilkovic

      You may order this film in cassette VHS for 9 Euros + 3 Euros for
      postage (Europe) 4 Euros other continents.

      HOW TO ORDER : SEE END OF THIS MAIL

      + + + + +

      With this film, you receive a dossier composed of several short
      documents :

      QUESTIONS, ANSWERS and DOCUMENTATION
      BEHIND THE FILM
      The Damned of Kosovo

      * Intolerable war propaganda of 1999, intolerable silence today.
      Why did we make this film and how can it help you?

      * Report of the Red Cross on the current situation in Kosovo
      "Fewer than 2% of the people forced to flee have returned to their
      homes."

      * What's happening today in Kosovo? A film breaks the silence.
      Interview : Michel Collon & Vanessa Stojilkovic about their Damned of
      Kosovo

      * France 2 : Economic War USA -- France in Kosovo
      Multinationals on the make under cover as NGOs and 'reconstruction'

      * The country no one talks about anymore: Where is Yugoslavia?
      Explosions in prices, lay offs, cancer, and suicides. The IMF
      government.

      * "I work up to 13 hours a day, 6 days a week, for a miserable wage"
      Scenes of workers' lives today in Serbia.

      * Media Quiz: Kosovo, True or False?
      Alastair Campbell also 'informed' us about Kosovo

      * Media Quiz : about our information on the break-up of Yugoslavia
      How many years will we have to wait before we learn the truth behind the
      war?

      * "Let's bust up Iraq like Yugoslavia!"
      US strategy suggests . . . ethnic cleansing as a way of sorting out the
      mess

      * The news that's still hidden from us
      Oil, USA & the mafia, Bernard Kouchner, Jamie Shea, Macedonia. . . .

      * Will Wesley Clark do the opposite tomorrow... ?
      Latin America, Yugoslavia, China and some other targets. . . .

      * Can you help us get the word out on The Damned of Kosovo?
      A practical program

      + + + + +

      INTERVIEW :
      What's Happening in Kosovo today?
      A film that breaks the silence.

      Michel Collon and Vanessa Stojilkovic
      on their new film The Damned of Kosovo

      Chased from her apartment in Pristina, Maria would not have had a life
      except that she spoke Albanian. Her nephew, an interpreter for the UN,
      was savagely murdered. Silvana's husband was kidnapped, and she hasn't
      had any news about him for two years. Stanimir's home was burned down.
      What do they have in common? They are Serbs and live, or rather survive,
      in Kosovo. Why don't the media talk about this region occupied by NATO?
      The new film by Michel Collon and Vanessa Stojilkovic breaks the
      silence. And sounds an alarm to all people now threatened by these wars
      of globalization...

      How did this film come to be?

      Michel Collon. I could not bear the 1999 propaganda war and the media
      lies of the spokesman of NATO, Jamie Shea.Nor the media silence imposed
      afterwards about Kosovo. NATO had promised wonderful things : so why did
      they hide what was happening to the people there ? So I did this report
      on Kosovo to get a first hand look at the current situation there...

      The problems are not solved ?

      Michel Collon. Quite the contrary ! I saw an accumulation of suffering
      that no one could imagine here. Bombing attacks, assassinations,
      expulsions and the destruction of homes, kidnappings and families in
      anguish, constant threats . . . The situation is overwhelming : a
      veritable ethnic cleansing that has run off a large part of the
      non-Albanian population and has terrorized those who've stayed.
      I got "explosive" images, but I am no filmmaker. I had to find someone
      determined to engage fully and make from these images a message that
      could alarm the opinion. After a first trying, stopped because of health
      problems of the filmmaker, I got in touch with Vanessa through Internet.
      Although she was very young, I immediately understood she was the right
      person.

      Why ? Who are you, Vanessa ?

      Vanessa Stojilkovic. My family comes from Kosovo and Central Serbia. I
      am going there every summer. In France, I grew among the Yugoslav
      community, I know very well this people, its culture, its history.
      I was 13 when the war started. And still today, I continue to endure the
      anxiety and the mourning. All these deaths, unfair and useless, because
      of the war but also because of the embargo, because vital medicines were
      blocked, really, the consequences are not over ! Yugoslav people remain
      under threat, the war of 99 still kills. The stress of war and bombings
      brought enormous problems of hypertension, and they cannot care them.
      Cancers are increasing terribly. People are dying in silence. The real
      balance of war for Yugoslavia, it is not only deaths, it is also the
      physical and psychological condition of those who remain. No future !
      Year after year, I got many testimonies of ex-Yugoslavs about war, the
      refugees, survival and solidarity between people. Michel's writings were
      in accordance with what was happening there.
      Thanks to him, I could become useful. Helping to let the truth known, as
      asked by all these persons giving their testimonies to me. The images
      and interviews that Michel brought back from Kosovo appeared as a gold
      mine. Irrefutable proofs!

      Michel Collon. When listening to Vanessa's suffering, I felt the
      injustice made to these people "diabolized" in the media and forbidden
      to talk! The Yugoslavs were heard only through the filters and the media
      lies of NATO. Situation is much more complex.
      I admired that such a young girl, with little experience, engaged in the
      impressive work of making a documentary film. She supported the whole
      burden : rewriting the scenario, changing and making the montage.
      Really, we have to trust the young people!

      The result is a film, called by many as "a bomb", if we dare to say so.
      Political bomb ?

      Michel Collon. Remind what Bill Clinton said just as he began the
      bombing of Yugoslavia: "Our firmness is the only hope for the people of
      Kosovo to be able to live in their own country. Imagine if we closed our
      eyes and if these people were
      massacred, right on NATO's doorstep. It would be discredited."
      Clinton spoke of the Albanians. But today, what about the Serbs and the
      other national minorities, the Roma [Gypsies], Gorans, Turks, Egyptians,
      Muslims... They all suffer martyrdom.

      The presence of NATO troops has not put a stop to the violence?

      Michel Collon. Not only has it not stopped the violence, but the film
      shows several exclusive documents that reveal NATO's complicity with the
      authors of this violence: the militias of the KLA separatists. Recently
      German police officers accused American troops to protect murderers.

      Vanessa Stojilkovic. My principal motivation was above all to open the
      eyes of all the 'native' French or all the people of Western Europe who
      have been misinformed. To make them aware, for example, that we have
      been depriving the non-Albanians of decent health care: People are dying
      because they don't have anything to treat them with, because they don't
      have the necessary medical equipment. That Serb children don't have
      schools to go to. That a hundred churches have been destroyed. And that
      all this is still going on. Kosovo remains hell.

      Is this a 'pro-Serb' film?

      Michel Collon. No. First, it also states the case for other national
      minorities, those who have also been persecuted, 'cleansed'. The Roma
      (so called "Gypsies"), for example, chased off all over Europe, these
      days. And murdered in Kosovo. And also the Jews, Gorans, Muslims, Turks,
      Egyptians... Minorities about whom silence is dominating.
      And then, many Albanians find themselves equally victimized by a mafia
      system based on terror. One of them was able to testify in front of our
      camera. He was persecuted because he married a Serb!
      In fact, I am neither pro-Serb, nor pro-Albanian. I think that all these
      people find themselves victims of hidden strategies: The US wanted, just
      like their allies, to destroy Yugoslavia which they saw as too Leftist.
      They wanted to control the oil routes that pass precisely through there.
      They wanted to install their super-base, Camp Bondsteel. And they have
      succeeded, by utilizing --no, by themselves inciting-- this conflict
      between the Serbs and the Albanians.
      Do you know that presently Washington has signed 99 year leases for all
      the runways used by its bombers? Could someone explain to us how these
      bombers will help resolve the problems of the people of Kosovo?

      A much wider strategic objective, then?

      Michel Collon. Exactly. This military base brings the US bombers very
      close to Moscow and to the Caucauses. It is part of a larger plan of
      encirclement, because Washington doesn't think Putin and his current
      positions will necessarily last forever. And moreover, by breaking up
      Yugoslavia as part of a global plan they sent out this message to the
      people of the world: If you resist globalization, you will be destroyed.
      An editorial in the New York Times on the eve of the war had already
      clearly stated this: "For globalization to work, America must not demure
      from acting like the omnipotent super-power that it is. The invisible
      hand of the market never functions without the hidden fist. McDonalds
      cannot prosper without McDonnell Douglas, the builder of the F-15
      fighter. And the hidden fist that guarantees a secure world for the
      technologies of the Silicon Valley is called the US Army, Air Force,
      Navy and Marines."

      You have written several books on these themes. Why a film?

      Michel Collon. I realized that this medium allows one to touch those who
      don't read. And it is ideal for stimulating debate. Each person can
      easily give a cassette to a friend, a relative. Or organize at his home
      a little screening and discussion.
      And this is urgent because Mr. Bush has announced that he will attack a
      number of other countries. A great reason for progressives to resume the
      discussion of what happened in Yugoslavia. Did the results of the NATO
      intervention correspond to its promises? Are there other hidden
      interests here? Was public opinion manipulated by the media lies?

      Vanessa Stojilkovic. During the war, Western media hurt me a lot. I
      understood very fast that using the images was the best way to pass a
      message and make the people sensitive to a cause. And when I went there,
      I got it : our film makes possible for these people, blocked in their
      ghettos, to go across the borders and bring here their testimony.

      You assert that globalization leads to war ?

      Michel Collon. Yes. The policies of the multinationals only widen the
      gap between the rich and poor on this planet. War became the number one
      method to break their resistance. The war against the Palestinians and
      the Iraqis, 'Plan Columbia', the interventionist aggression against the
      Congo, threats against Iran, Syria, North Korea, all that is part of the
      same global war.

      Vanessa Stojilkovic. The young people organized against globalization
      must inform themselves more seriously on these wars. A country that has
      used chemical weapons like Agent Orange, depleted uranium bombs and
      other such filth can not be allowed to manipulate us and to make us
      believe that it waged this war for the liberties and the rights of Man.
      We can't let them rule the world and organize these wars in the
      financial interests of the multinationals. And I'm also angry at the
      European nations that were complicit and profited from this war.

      Yugoslavia is a warning for the whole planet ?

      Michel Collon. Yes. All people who do not want to live on their knees,
      all countries who want to determine their own destinies, risk being hit
      by this global war that Mr. Bush and his pals are planning. The only
      issue is to create a huge international front of resistance to this war.

      What are you going to do now with this film, already translated in six
      languages ?

      Vanessa Stojilkovic. In the end of the film, Lajos, a old Hungarian man,
      blocked behind the barbed wire of a center for refugees, sends an appeal
      to the international public opinion : "Help us!". Our duty is to make
      the drama known in all possible places. We promised that to them.

      + + + + +

      TO ORDER :

      Send by mail to michel.collon@...
      (Same address to organize debates or get info)

      Name: ..............................

      Street, Nr : ...............................

      Zip, Code, town: ...............................

      Country : ..........................................

      E-mail : .....................................

      I want :

      O ........... copies in English of The Damned of Kosovo

      O ........... copies in French

      O ........... copies in Serb

      O ........... copies in Dutch

      O ........... copies in Spanish

      O ........... copies in Italian

      PRICE : 10 Euros + 3 Euros for postage Europe (other continents, 4 Euros
      or 4 dollars)

      HOW TO PAY :
      Send to this account : 979-1390659-72
      of Michel Collon, 37 rue Renard, 4430 Ans, Belgium.

      If you paid from abroad, you have to mention :

      CODE IBAN : BE38 9791 3906 5972

      CODE SWIFT ARGENTA : AR SPBE22

      Banque Argenta, 188 chaussée de Tongres, 4000 Rocourt, Belgium

      http://lesdamnesdukosovo.chiffonrouge.org

      For those you want to buy the film and the book
      Liar's Poker (The great powers, Yugoslavia and the next wars,
      202 A4 pages illustrated, New York, 2002, normally sold at 19 Euros :

      We can send that book together with the film for 9 Euros instead of 19
      Euros.
      So one film + one book is 18 Euros + 5 Euros postage = 23 Euros (or 30
      $)

      LIAR'S POKER TABLE OF CONTENTS

      The Media -- Let's Make a Fresh Start
      1. Media Tests: How Good Is Our News Information? 9
      -- Geographic Censorship
      -- How to Demonize Your Opponent
      -- Aspects of Sarajevo Concealed by the Media
      -- Rapes, Camps, Enclaves: The Battle of Media Lies

      The Great Powers: Allies or Rivals?
      2. Germany's Revenge 49
      3. A Recurring Story? 65
      4. Bonn Wants to Become a Superpower 89
      5. "Their Objective Is to Prepare for War" 103
      6. The USA vs. Germany 111
      7. The Four Strategic Stakes in the Balkans 127
      -- Control of Oil Routes
      -- The Domination of Eastern Europe
      -- Weaken and Control Russia
      -- The Struggle for Military Bases
      8. NATO: War or Peace? 159
      9. 1991-1995: Five Years of Rivalry between Bonn and Washington 175

      Index 199

      * * * * *

      Michel Collon, journaliste d'investigation
      & Vanessa Stojilkovic, réalisatrice

      Cher ami,

      A l'approche du 5ème anniversaire de la guerre de l'Otan contre la
      Yougoslavie, nous nous permettons d'attirer votre attention sur notre
      nouveau film Les Damnés du Kosovo. Car nous croyons qu'il sera utile
      dans votre action et vos discussions sur l'actualité avec des publics
      très larges et désireux de comprendre les véritables enjeux dans
      lesquels nous sommes tous impliqués. Nous avons également jugé bon
      d'accompagner notre film de documents récents et importants, montrant
      que la situation, déjà alarmante au moment du tournage du film, n'a fait
      que s'aggraver.

      La propagande de guerre lors des bombardements de 1999 nous a été
      intolérable, comme nous est intolérable aujourd'hui le silence
      médiatique assourdissant imposé à cette région. Si beaucoup de personnes
      ont été trompées et manipulées à l'époque, il est de notre devoir à tous
      aujourd'hui de rétablir la vérité et surtout de donner la parole aux
      oubliés :

      20 témoignages exclusifs de Serbes, Roms, Juifs, Musulmans, Turcs,
      Gorans, Albanais... décrivent la terreur quotidienne, aujourd'hui au
      Kosovo, Où « l'Otan a fait un mariage de raison avec la mafia »,
      explique un expert. Quant à la Serbie, gouvernée depuis trois ans par le
      FMI, ce sont 10 millions de personnes qui se retrouvent aspirées dans
      une spirale de misère... Le prix du pain a été multiplié par quatre.
      170.000 familles de Belgrade ne peuvent plus payer l'électricité (et
      donc le chauffage urbain). Le FMI est en train de licencier 800.000
      travailleurs. Explosion de la drogue et des suicides. Des ouvriers
      travaillent 13 heures par jour, 6 jours par semaine, sans sécurité
      sociale. Payés avec des mois de retard et surexploités. Bientôt, on
      fermera d'autres usines ici pour délocaliser là-bas.

      Contrairement à ce que certains peuvent nous rétorquer, nous ne sommes
      pas « en retard d'une guerre » ! Bien au contraire : dans leur
      intervention contre l'Irak, les stratèges US ont non seulement tiré des
      leçons du Kosovo (notamment dans la manipulation de plus en plus
      machiavélique de l'opinion publique), mais ils n'ont fait que développer
      une guerre globale qui a commencé, au lendemain de la chute du mur de
      Berlin, en Yougoslavie. En effet, après avoir enquêté et mené plusieurs
      interviews sur place, notre analyse de la situation au Kosovo et en
      Yougoslavie nous permet d'avancer sans crainte que cette guerre était
      précisément motivée par la volonté de contrôler les routes du pétrole ;
      l'exemple le plus frappant (exposé d'ailleurs dans notre film) est la
      super-base militaire US, Camp Bondsteel, installée au Kosovo. Juste sur
      le tracé du projet US de pipeline trans-Balkans .

      Quand les Etats-Unis occupent une région stratégique, cela provoque de
      terribles souffrances pour toutes les populations. Et aucune solution.
      Si ce film permet de montrer qu'au Kosovo, depuis quatre ans, rien ne
      s'arrange, il veut aussi aider les autres peuples agressés ou menacés,
      partout dans le monde, en exposant de façon simple la stratégie
      guerrière globale des Etats-Unis et ses résultats catastrophiques.

      Mais la résistance à l'occupation, en Irak, en Palestine, montre aussi
      que les peuples ne se laissent pas faire. Ce film se veut une aide
      concrète aux populations oubliées du Kosovo. Il existe un projet d'ONG
      pour une visite internationale d'inspection et de témoignage.

      Comment pouvez-nous nous aider ? En faisant connaître ce film autour de
      vous. Vous trouverez ci-après une liste de propositions concrètes. Si
      vous pouvez nous aider à réaliser ne serait-ce qu'une seule de ces
      propositions, vous témoignerez votre solidarité envers ces populations
      sacrifiées. Et vous aiderez à freiner la course vers la guerre globale
      dans le monde. Merci d'avance.

      Michel Collon @ Vanessa Stojilkovic

      Vous pouvez acheter ce film en cassette VHS au prix de 9 euros + 2 Euros
      de port
      ( Belgique) ou 3 Euros (Europe).

      BON DE COMMANDE EN FIN DE MAIL

      + + + + +

      Avec ce film, vous recevez un dossier rassemblant divers petits
      documents :

      QUESTIONS, REPONSES ET DOCUMENTS
      AUTOUR DU FILM
      Les Damnés du Kosovo

      * Intolérable propagande de guerre en 1999, intolérable silence
      aujourd'hui
      Pourquoi avons-nous fait ce film et en quoi peut-il vous servir ?

      * Rapport de la Croix-Rouge Internationale sur la situation actuelle au
      Kosovo
      « Moins de 2% des personnes chassées sont retournées dans leurs foyers »

      * Que se passe-t-il à présent au Kosovo ? Un film brise le silence.
      Interview de Michel Collon & Vanessa Stojilkovic à propos de leurs
      Damnés du Kosovo

      * Envoyé spécial (France 2) : Guerre économique USA - France au Kosovo
      Multinationales en chasse sous couvert d'ONG et de « reconstruction »

      * Le pays dont on ne parle plus : où en est la Yougoslavie ?
      Explosion des prix, des licenciements, des cancers, des suicides. Et
      rejet du gouvernement du FMI.

      * «Je travaille jusqu'à 13 h par jour, six jours semaine, pour un
      salaire de misère»
      Scènes de la vie des travailleurs aujourd'hui en Serbie

      * Test - médias : Kosovo, vrai ou faux ?
      Alastair Campbell nous avait aussi « informés » sur le Kosovo

      * Test - médias : que valait notre info sur l'éclatement de la
      Yougoslavie ?
      Combien d'années nous faut-il attendre avant d'apprendre la vérité sur
      les dessous d'une guerre ?

      * «Divisons l'Irak comme la Yougoslavie !»
      Un stratège US propose le... nettoyage ethnique comme solution au
      bourbier

      * L'actualité qu'on nous cache encore
      Pétrole, USA & maffia, Bernard Kouchner, Jamie Shea, Macédoine...

      * Wesley Clark fera-t-il demain le contraire de ce qu'il a fait hier ?
      Amérique latine, Yougoslavie, Chine et quelques autres cibles...

      * Pouvez-vous nous aider à diffuser Les Damnés du Kosovo ?
      Un formulaire pratique

      + + + + +

      INTERVIEW :
      Que se passe-t-il à présent au Kosovo ?
      Un film brise le silence.

      Michel Collon et Vanessa Stojilkovic
      sur leur nouveau film Les Damnés du Kosovo

      Chassée de son appartement à Pristina, Maria n'a eu la vie sauve que
      parce qu'elle parlait albanais. Son neveu, interprète pour l'ONU, a été
      assassiné sauvagement. Le mari de Silvana a été kidnappé, elle est sans
      nouvelles depuis deux ans. La maison de Stanimir a été brûlée.
      Qu'ont-ils en commun? Ils sont Serbes et vivent, ou plutôt survivent au
      Kosovo. Pourquoi les médias ne parlent-ils plus de cette région occupée
      par l'Otan ? Le nouveau film de Michel Collon et Vanessa Stojilkovic
      brise le silence. Et met en garde tous les peuples menacés par les
      guerres de la mondialisation...

      Quel a été le point de départ de ce film ?
      Michel Collon. La propagande de guerre de 1999 et les médiamensonges du
      porte-parole de l'Otan, Jamie Shea, m'avaient été intolérables. Tout
      comme le silence médiatique imposé ensuite sur le Kosovo. L'Otan avait
      promis monts et merveilles, mais pourquoi ne nous disait-on plus rien
      des gens qui vivaient là-bas ? J'ai donc effectué un reportage sur
      place...

      La situation n'est pas réglée ?
      Michel Collon. Au contraire ! Ce que j'ai constaté et ce que le film
      montre, c'est une accumulation de souffrances qu'on n'imagine pas ici :
      attentats à la bombe, assassinats, destructions des maisons ou
      expulsions, kidnappings et angoisses des familles, menaces
      permanentes... Le constat est accablant: une véritable purification
      ethnique a chassé du Kosovo la plupart des non - Albanais et terrorise
      ceux qui restent. Il fallait absolument briser ce silence.
      J'avais des images explosives, mais je ne suis pas cinéaste. Il me
      fallait donc trouver quelqu'un qui s'engage à fond pour transformer ces
      images en un message capable d'alerter l'opinion. Après un premier essai
      arrêté pour maladie, je suis entré en contact par Internet avec Vanessa.
      Malgré son jeune âge, j'ai immédiatement senti que c'était elle qu'il
      fallait.

      Pourquoi ? Qui êtes-vous, Vanessa ?
      Vanessa Stojilkovic. Ma famille d'origine vit au Kosovo et en Serbie
      centrale. J'y vais chaque été, j'y ai des amis. En France, j'ai grandi
      au sein de la communauté yougoslave, je connais bien ce peuple, sa
      culture, son histoire.
      J'avais 13 ans quand la guerre a commencé en 91. Et aujourd'hui encore,
      je vis l'angoisse et les deuils. Tant de morts injustes et inutiles - à
      cause de la guerre, mais aussi à cause de l'embargo, c'est-à-dire la
      privation de médicaments vitaux - vraiment, nous n'avons pas fini d'en
      ressentir les conséquences! Le peuple yougoslave reste sous la menace,
      la guerre de 99 tue toujours des gens. Le stress de la guerre et des
      bombardements a provoqué d'énormes problèmes d'hypertension qu'ils n'ont
      pas les moyens de soigner. Et les cancers croissent à une allure
      fulgurante. Les gens meurent dans la souffrance. Le bilan actuel de la
      guerre, pour toute la Yougoslavie, ce n'est pas seulement des morts,
      mais aussi l'état physique et psychologique de ceux qui restent. Et leur
      manque d'avenir.
      Au fil des années , j'avais rassemblé quantité de témoignages
      d'ex-Yougoslaves sur la guerre, les réfugiés, la survie et la solidarité
      des peuples. Les articles de Michel concordaient avec ce qui se passait
      réellement là-bas.
      Grâce à lui, j'ai pu me rendre utile. En aidant à faire connaître la
      vérité comme me l'avaient demandé toutes ces personnes dont je notais
      les témoignages bouleversants. Les images et interviews ramenées par
      Michel du Kosovo me sont apparues comme une mine d'or. C'étaient des
      preuves irréfutables !

      Michel Collon. En écoutant la souffrance de Vanessa, j'ai ressenti
      l'injustice qui avait été commise envers ces gens diabolisés par les
      médias et interdits de parole ! On n'a écouté les Yougoslaves qu'à
      travers les filtres et les médiamensonges de l'Otan. La situation est
      bien plus complexe.
      J'ai admiré qu'une toute jeune fille, avec peu d'expérience, se lance
      dans la tâche impressionnante de réaliser un film documentaire ! Elle a
      tout porté sur ses épaules : réécrire le scénario, transformer le
      découpage, effectuer le montage. Vraiment, on doit faire confiance aux
      jeunes !

      Le résultat est un film que certains ont qualifié de bombe, sans mauvais
      jeu de mot. Une bombe politique ?
      Michel Collon. Rappelez-vous ce que disait Bill Clinton en déclenchant
      les bombardements sur la Yougoslavie : «Notre fermeté est le seul espoir
      pour le peuple du Kosovo de pouvoir vivre dans son propre pays. Imaginez
      si nous fermions les yeux et si ces gens étaient massacrés, à la porte
      même de l'Otan. Celle-ci serait discréditée.»
      Clinton parlait des Albanais. Mais aujourd'hui, les Serbes et les autres
      minorités nationales qui vivaient au Kosovo depuis des siècles - Roms,
      Gorans, Turcs, Egyptiens, Musulmans... , tous subissent un martyre.

      La présence des troupes de l'Otan ne freine pas ces violences ?
      Michel Collon. Non seulement elle ne les freine pas, mais le film
      apporte plusieurs documents exclusifs qui révèlent la complicité de
      l'Otan avec leurs auteurs : les milices de l'UCK séparatiste. Récemment,
      des policiers allemands ont encore accusé les troupes américaines de
      protéger les meurtriers...
      Vanessa Stojilkovic. Ma motivation principale a été d'ouvrir les yeux à
      tous ceux d'Europe occidentale qu'on a désinformés. Leur faire savoir,
      par exemple, que les non-Albanais sont privés de soins de santé décents
      : que des gens meurent parce qu'ils sont privés des équipements médicaux
      nécessaires. Que les enfants serbes et autres sont privés d'écoles.
      Qu'une centaine d'églises ont été démolies. Et que ça continue. Le
      Kosovo reste un enfer.

      Est-ce un film «pro-serbe» ?
      Michel Collon. Non. D'abord, il donne aussi la parole aux nombreuses
      minorités nationales, elles aussi persécutées, «nettoyées». Les Roms,
      par exemple, pourchassés un peu partout en Europe, ces temps-ci. Et
      martyrisés au Kosovo. Et aussi les Juifs, Gorans, Musulmans, Turcs,
      Egyptiens... Des minorités dont on ne parle jamais.
      Ensuite, de nombreux Albanais se retrouvent également victimes d'un
      système maffieux basé sur la terreur. L'un d'eux a pu témoigner devant
      notre caméra. Il était persécuté parce que marié à une Serbe !
      En fait, je ne suis ni pro-serbe, ni pro-albanais. Je pense que tous ces
      peuples se retrouvent victimes de stratégies cachées : les Etats-Unis
      voulaient, comme leurs alliés, détruire une Yougoslavie trop à gauche.
      Ils voulaient contrôler les routes du pétrole qui passent précisément
      par là. Ils voulaient installer leur super-base militaire de Camp
      Bondsteel. Et ils y ont réussi, en utilisant - non : en excitant
      eux-mêmes - le conflit entre Serbes et Albanais.
      Savez-vous qu'à présent, Washington conclut des locations de 99 ans pour
      les pistes de ses bombardiers ? Quelqu'un peut-il nous expliquer en quoi
      des bombardiers aideront à résoudre les problèmes des populations du
      Kosovo ? Les bases installées aujourd'hui, ce sont les guerres de
      demain.

      Un objectif stratégique plus vaste, alors ?
      Michel Collon. Exactement. Cette base rapproche les bombardiers US de
      Moscou et du Caucase. Elle fait partie du grand plan d'encerclement, car
      Washington ne pense pas que Poutine et sa tendance seront nécessairement
      éternels. Et briser la Yougoslavie faisait partie du plan global en
      envoyant un message à tous les peuples du monde : si vous résistez à la
      mondialisation, vous serez détruits.
      Un éditorialiste du New York Times l'avait déjà clairement expliqué, à
      la veille de la guerre: «Pour que la globalisation marche, l'Amérique ne
      doit pas craindre d'agir comme la superpuissance omnipotente qu'elle
      est. La main invisible du marché ne fonctionnera jamais sans un poing
      caché. McDonalds ne peut être prospère sans McDonnel Douglas, le
      constructeur de l'avion F-15. Et le poing caché qui garantit un monde
      sûr pour les technologies de la Silicon Valley, ce poing s'appelle armée
      des Etats-Unis, Air Force, Navy et Marines.»

      Vous avez écrit plusieurs livres sur ces thèmes. Pourquoi un film ?
      Michel Collon. J'ai constaté que ce média permet de toucher aussi ceux
      qui ne lisent pas, notamment chez les jeunes. Et de susciter un débat.
      Nous vendons le film en cassette, très bon marché, ce qui permet à
      chacun de l'offrir à un ami, un parent. Ou d'organiser chez soi une
      petite projection + discussion.
      Et c'est urgent car Monsieur Bush annonce qu'il va attaquer de nombreux
      autres pays. Une bonne raison pour les progressistes de rediscuter ce
      qui s'est passé en Yougoslavie. Les résultats de l'Otan
      correspondent-ils à ses promesses ? Y avait-il d'autres intérêts cachés
      ? A-t-on manipulé l'opinion par des médiamensonges ?
      Vanessa Stojilkovic. Pendant toute la guerre, les médias occidentaux
      m'ont fait beaucoup de tort. J'ai vite compris que les métiers de
      l'image étaient l'outil idéal pour faire passer un message et
      sensibiliser les gens à une cause. Et, en me rendant sur place, j'ai
      compris : notre film permet à ces gens, bloqués dans leur ghettos, de
      franchir les frontières et d'apporter ici leur témoignage.

      Votre thèse, c'est que la mondialisation mène à la guerre ?
      Michel Collon. Oui. La politique des multinationales ne fait
      qu'augmenter l'écart entre riches et pauvres de cette planète. La guerre
      est devenue la méthode n° 1 pour briser leurs résistances. La guerre
      contre les Palestiniens et les Irakiens, le «Plan Colombia», l'agression
      contre le Congo par armées interposées, les menaces contre l'Iran, la
      Syrie, la Corée, tout cela fait partie de la même guerre globale.
      Vanessa Stojilkovic. Il faudrait que la jeunesse antimondialisation
      s'informe plus sérieusement sur ces guerres. On ne peut laisser un pays
      qui a utilisé l'arme chimique Agent Orange, des bombes à l'uranium et
      autre saloperies nous manipuler et nous faire croire qu'il mène la
      guerre pour la liberté et les droits de l'homme. On ne peut le laisser
      gouverner le monde et y organiser des guerres dans l'intérêt financier
      de ses multinationales. Et je suis en colère aussi contre les pays
      européens qui ont été complices et tirent profit de cette guerre.

      La Yougoslavie, c'est un avertissement à toute la planète ?
      Michel Collon. Oui. Tout peuple qui ne veut pas vivre à genoux, tout
      pays qui entend fixer lui-même son destin, sera frappé par la guerre
      globale de Bush et ses amis. La seule issue est de créer un grand front
      international de résistance à la guerre.

      Qu'allez vous faire concrètement avec ce film, qui est déjà traduit en
      six langues ?
      Vanessa Stojilkovic. A la fin du film, Lajos, un vieil homme d'origine
      hongroise, persécuté et immobilisé derrière les barbelés d'un centre
      pour réfugiés, lance un appel à l'opinion internationale : « Aidez-nous
      ! » Notre devoir est de faire connaître leur drame partout où ce sera
      possible. Nous le leur avons promis.

      + + + + +

      Bon de commande :

      A renvoyer en mail à michel.collon@...
      (Même adresse pour infos et organisation de projections débats)

      Nom, prénom : ..............................

      Rue, numéro : ...............................

      Code, ville : ...............................

      Pays : ..........................................

      E-mail : .....................................

      Commande :

      O ........... exemplaires en français des Damnés du Kosovo

      O ........... exemplaires en anglais The Damned of Kosovo

      O ........... exemplaires en espagnol des Condenados de Kosovo

      O ........... exemplaires en serbo-croate des Damnés du Kosovo

      O ........... exemplaires en néerlandais De Verdoemden van Kosovo

      O ........... exemplaires en italien I danato de Kosovo

      O ........... veut être tenu au courant des parutions en allemand et en
      arabe

      PRIX : 9 Euros + port (Belgique: 2 Euros, Europe : 3 Euros, Autres : 4
      Euros ou $)

      PAIEMENT :

      Vous pouvez virer au compte 979-1390659-72 de Michel Collon, Liège,
      Belgique.

      Si vous virez de l'étranger, il faut mentionner :

      CODE IBAN : BE38 9791 3906 5972

      CODE SWIFT ARGENTA : AR SPBE22

      PAIEMENT POUR LA FRANCE :
      Egalement par chèque à l'ordre de Vanessa Stojilkovic, 19 rue Paul
      Painlevé 26000 Valence

      CONSULTEZ LE SITE DU FILM : http://lesdamnesdukosovo.chiffonrouge.org

      /END/

      Yahoo! Groups Links