Re: [orthodox-synod] St. Seraphim/NYC in Moscow

  • Hristofor
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5 10:13 AM
      It was located on 108th Street, between Broadway and Riverside Drive.
      When Fr. Alexander (Kisilev) moved back to Russia in the early 90's, the
      St Seraphim Foundation sold the brownstone (For non-New Yorkers, its a
      3-4 story narrow building, faced with reddish-brown sandstone;
      originally private residences later, divided into apartments; they now
      cost a fortune.) and the interior was packed up and shipped to Russia.
      Working only a few blocks away, it was incredibly convenient for weekday
      feast, Lenten Presanctifieds. I still miss it.

      Hristofor