Haitian Mission Presentations - California

  • frgregory@kronstadt.org
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2004
      First, my thanks for and request for prayers as I prepare for eye surgery
      the next two weeks. I'll be in California the entire time, in the capable
      hands of Dr. Tamara Suslov, an Orthodox ophthalmologist. Matushka is with
      me, so I won't be completely immobilized during periods when I can't see
      well enough to drive.

      I'll be making presentations on behalf of the Mission as much as possible
      here, knowing that all arrangements are somewhat tentative, based on outcome
      of the surgeries.

      First presentation will be at SS Peter and Paul in Santa Rosa, after
      liturgy, this coming Sunday, 7 March.

      Second will be at St. Elias, Diamond Springs/ Placerville, Monday evening 8
      March. I have no information on time as yet.

      Third will be at the Church of the Ascension, Sacramento, Tuesday evening,
      7PM.

      I've been asked to be present at sessions of the diocesan clergy retreat on
      Thursday 11 March, after second surgery on Wednesday; depends on doctor's OK
      at examination Thursday morning.

      Fourth will be at the Cathedral in San Francisco Friday evening 12 March;
      for details, please contact Fr. Yaroslav Belikov or the school.

      I have no commitments at present beyond these, but would hope it might be
      possible to visit other parishes (even as far south as Los Angeles) before
      my departure to return home on Thursday 18 March. I'm open to suggestions!

      While I have an e-mail system set up for use while traveling, it's likely to
      be somewhat erratic, so it might be better to try to contact me by
      cellphone, 615/631-8375. There is a voice mail system on the cellphone, but
      it's been known to have a terrible lag when I'm outside Cingular service
      areas, so it might be best to just keep trying to call.

      Please keep me in your prayers!

      Fr. Gregory Williams
    • cdw
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2004
        Father Gregory I consider it an honour to offer
        prayers for your safety and health. You are on my
        mind a lot because of your last name. It makes me
        feel a sort of kinship. My great-great-grandfather
        left Wales and settled in Ireland. From there a
        descendent met my grandmother from County Mayo and
        they married and later moved to America. There is
        some French also in the families (both) and when I
        made my return to Orthodoxy I was again honoured by
        being allowed to take the name of J�an (John). Please
        remember this sinner as you whisper your living
        memorials.

        J�an-Claude Williams

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • frgregory@kronstadt.org
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2004
          Thanks so much for your kind words, Jean-Claude. God willing, I'll be back
          to normal function (and with much better sight!) in a couple of weeks.
          Please do keep me in your prayers!