Haiti News

  • frgregory@kronstadt.org
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2004
      Quoting Theodora Wright <theomtn@...>:
      > Would anyone have any news about our missions in Haiti and how the people
      > are? Prayers are with them.

      Blessings to all! I have no news any more recent than last Saturday, but so
      far as I know the current disturbances in Haiti have caused no more than
      inconvenience (increased difficulties in travel) to any of our people or
      parishes in Haiti. Please be aware that the situation is far more complex
      than what I have seen in the American press seems to comprehend. The
      behavior of the "opposition" is for the most part responsible, whether well
      founded or not. The violence at Gonaives, St.-Marc, and other towns (many
      of which I have seen mislocated by as much as 100 miles in American news
      reports) is far more of the nature of the Watts riots, and cannot be said to
      have any meaningful political foundation. The harsh fact remains that
      repeated US involvement in Haitian affairs has done far more harm than good,
      and is in several ways directly contributory to the present situation.
      Please keep the entire people in your prayers.
    • Theodora Wright
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2004
        Thank you Father for the post and our Prayers are with all.

        Theodora