Kosovo

  • Hristofor
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2004
      [The only relation to the list is that ROCOR was given refuge in
      Yugoslavia; still the info below may be of interest to many. -HS]

      Popular radio Michael Savage is an untiring friend of the Serbs and often
      uses is radio microphone to lambaste the Clinton administration for the
      illegal bombing of innocent Serbian men, women and children in 1999 and
      believes Clinton, Albright and Clark should be in The Hague for war crimes.
      Last night he connected the dots between the faked "Serbian ethnic
      cleansing notebook," (allegedly found somewhere in Kosovo in 1999 by a
      human rights activist), the subsequent hoax article which appeared in
      USAToday and the ultimate bombing of Yugoslavia. He then relates that the
      hoax was used by Clinton to start the war, in order to remove Monica off
      the front pages of the media.
      <http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A11670-2004Jan12?language=printer>http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A11670-2004Jan12?language=printer

      Ethnic cleansing of Kosovo Muslims? He admits a few may have been killed
      here and there, but he asks "What about the ethnic cleansing of the
      Orthodox Serb population from Kosovo? Where was the reporting on CCN and in
      the NYT of that? What about the senseless destruction of all the bridges
      over the "Beautiful Danube," why were no pix ever published in the
      mainstream press about those crimes?"

      Too bad Stephanopolous never had the courage to say even half of these
      things in the media....

      Hristofor

      Hristofor.

    • Maureen Girard
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2004
        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Hristofor <hristofor@m...>
        wrote:
        He then relates that the
        > hoax was used by Clinton to start the war, in order to remove
        Monica off
        > the front pages of the media. >>
        There's another consideration. The then Sec. of State, Madeline Not
        so Bright's spokesman was Jerry Rubin. Jerry is the husband of
        Christine Amapour,the person who drummed up the "Poor oppressed
        people in Kosovo. Rubin is now Wes Clark's foreign affairs advisor.
        Maureen
      • Meni53@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 21 6:36 PM
          In a message dated 3/21/2004 12:59:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          valioucha@... writes:
          Pogrom in Kosovo and Metohija

          March 17, 2004

          Holy Archangels Monastery evacuated, 14th century
          Church of the Mother of God of Ljevis in flames -
          Explosions near Visoki Decani Monastery - Pec
          Patriarchate in danger - U.S. soldiers urgently
          requested to assist in defending Serb holy shrines

          Gracanica, March 17, 2004

          The Diocese of Raska-Prizren and Kosovo-Metohija
          appeals to the people of Serbia and the Serb diaspora
          to organize street protests and light candles in
          protest against the pogrom that is being carried out
          in Kosovo and Metohija in the presence of 18,000 armed
          KFOR soldiers and several thousand members of UNMIK
          police. Serbia must not remain with its head bowed and
          must show the world that persecution and crimes must
          not be tolerated. Silence and resignation is the
          greatest possible aid to those who are taking
          advantage of the situation to completely put out the
          last flame of Serbdom and Orthodoxy in this region.

          We appeal to the priests, monks and nuns to help with
          their devout prayers and all-night wake their
          suffering brothers and sisters in Kosovo and Metohija
          who are going through a Golgotha of unprecedented
          suffering, brutality and violence by Albanian
          extremists.

          While dozens of buses of armed Albanian extremists
          head toward Mitrovica and Gracanica, while both
          churches in Kosovo Polje, the hospital and St. Sava
          School are burning, while the Serbs of Kosovsko
          Pomoravalje struggle desperately to defend themselves
          against the attacks of thousands of armed Albanians,
          Serbia must not remain with its head bowed. Kosovo and
          Metohija are in flames today and Serbia must remain
          upright, courageous and dignified.

          According to the latest information serious clashes
          are taking place near Gracanica in which at least 20
          Swedish soldiers have been seriously wounded. Armed
          Albanians are attacking KFOR soldiers who are blocking
          them from entering the village. At the same time a
          contingent of U.S. soldiers have arrived in the
          Gracanica and Caglavica area reportedly authorized to
          fire upon the extremists.

          What has happened today and is happening this evening
          in Kosovo and Metohija represents a horrible defeat
          for the entire UN mission which has been deceiving the
          world for the past five years with their alleged
          successes when in fact they were enabling
          militarization.

          Situation continues to deteriorate throughout Kosovo
          and Metohija

          According to news coming from Kosovsko Pomoravlje the
          situation remains critical. Serbs in the village of
          Silovo near Gnjilane are surrounded by a large group
          of 5,000 Albanians who are shooting at the village.
          Two Serbs are already wounded: Ratka Jovanovic and
          Srecko Stojic.

          In Kamenica the Serbian Orthodox church has been
          stoned and the priest and his family evacuated to a
          nearby Serb village.

          In Djakovica Italian soldiers evacuated five elderly
          women who have lived for years next to the Church of
          the Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ. The Albanians
          first started stoning the church and threatening to
          kill the old women, and the Italian soldiers were
          forced to evacuate them to a nearby military airport
          while Italian soldiers are guarding the church.

          Boban Doncic informed the ERP KIM Info Service that
          Serbs from the returnee village of Bicha have been
          evacuated from their homes because, according to local
          residents, the Italians advised them to leave the
          village for security reasons.

          Albanians shelling near Visoki Decani Monastery, monks
          in prayer in church, U.S. reinforcements expected to
          arrive soon

          Gracanica, March 17, 2004

          The Diocese of Raska-Prizren and Kosovo-Metohija
          wishes to inform the public that several mortar shells
          have fallen not far from Visoki Decani Monastery which
          were fired by Albanians at the monastery. Italian
          forces are presently protecting the Monastery. U.S.
          special forces are expected to arrive soon to
          reinforce defenses.

          In the meanwhile the Monastery of Holy Archangels near
          Prizren has been evacuated because German forces were
          not ready to protect the monastery. The monks from
          Holy Archangels are safe in a German military base;
          however, according to some reports, the monastery has
          already been set on fire, as have numerous other
          churches in Prizren. We have also received information
          that the 14th century Church of the Holy Mother of God
          of Ljevis is in flames.

          Copyright 2004, ERP KIM Info-http://fr.messenger.yahoo

          The enemy is at the gates !
          We have to mobilize.With prayer,fasting, steadfastness in the Faith,or for
          some of us return to Holy Orthodoxy.Kosovo is not a unique,or an isolated
          episode of "things gotten out of hand".
          The enemy is at the gates,AGAIN !
          May the Lord be with our Serbian brethren at the time of their
          persecution,and srenghthen them in the Faith.
          The gates of hell will not prevail against Christ`s Church.
          We will rebuilt everything,as long as we remain strong in the Faith.Orthodox
          are not afraid of those who can kill the body,for they cannot kill our Soul.
          In Christ,
          Melpomeni Mari.