Slav. children's prayerbook?

  • frpeterjackson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2004
      Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a children's prayerbook
      in Slavonic? I know there are Eng.-lang. children's prayerbooks, and
      of course, Slavonic prayerbooks. A woman called me looking for such
      for her adopted children from Russia.

      Thanks.
    • Hristofor
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2004
        I scanned a friend's Church Slavonic reader for children which comes
        with some prayers; which is in full colour and with pictures. There
        really are no prayers in it.
        It is 68 pages along and the scan is saved in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
        The original book was purchased in Russia and only had a tirazh of 20K;
        I never saw it for sale in the States. I have another softcover book
        entitled call First Child's prayerbook or something (also in colour with
        pix), but I need to check and see if it is in Russian or CS. Will let
        you know.

        I could scan the second one as well and burn both to a CD. This adoptive
        mother sounds like a good role model for all of us parents!

        Hristofor

        frpeterjackson wrote:

        >Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a children's prayerbook
        >in Slavonic? I know there are Eng.-lang. children's prayerbooks, and
        >of course, Slavonic prayerbooks. A woman called me looking for such
        >for her adopted children from Russia.
        >
        >Thanks.

      • tiajaia
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 25, 2004
          The Church of the New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia in Brooklyn,
          NY has an extensive Bookstore with many Russian and Slavonic books.
          I was given one for children. I'm sure the Rector will assist you
          too.
          Paul

          --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "frpeterjackson"
          <frpeterjackson@y...> wrote:
          > Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a children's
          prayerbook
          > in Slavonic? I know there are Eng.-lang. children's prayerbooks,
          and
          > of course, Slavonic prayerbooks. A woman called me looking for such
          > for her adopted children from Russia.
          >
          > Thanks.
        • Elias Gorsky
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 26, 2004
            Father,

            Jordanville put out a children' slavonic prayerbook a while back. It is out
            of print, apparently, but copies can be found in various places if one
            looks. It is fully slavonic, but with NO contractions, all words are fully
            spelled out (with accents) for the benefit children's (and novices')
            reading. Also, the list of morning and evening prayers are somewhat
            shortened. Being a child at heart, I use it all the time. [:-)>

            It is found with a "leather-like" cover in various colors and its title is
            simple "MOLITVOSLOV" in slavonic. It is slightly smaller than the common
            Russian and English Jordanville prayerbooks.

            With love in Christ,
            Archpriest Ilya

            Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a children's prayerbook
            in Slavonic? I know there are Eng.-lang. children's prayerbooks, and
            of course, Slavonic prayerbooks. A woman called me looking for such
            for her adopted children from Russia.

            Thanks.

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            To visit your group on the web, go to:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Rev Fr Mark Gilstrap
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 26, 2004
              <frpeterjackson@y...> wrote:
              > Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a children's
              prayerbook
              > in Slavonic? I know there are Eng.-lang. children's prayerbooks,
              and
              > of course, Slavonic prayerbooks. A woman called me looking for such
              > for her adopted children from Russia.
              >
              > Thanks.

              See Daily Orthodox Prayers / Íåîáõîäèìûå Åæåäèåâíûå Ìîëèòâû
              at http://www.pomog.org/catalog.shtml

              This abbreviated prayerbook has Slavonic and English on facing
              pages. The ORPR campers at Vladimirova this year all seemed to like
              it. The russian speaking camp leaders all wanted a copy too.

              o.Mark