9991Re: [orthodox-synod] kozyreff in the evening

  • michael nikitin
    Jan 6, 2004
      Those that called for the Czar to be shot were
      Communists who were enciting the people.

      Because the war caused much hardship on the people
      some did want a change, but the change was mostly
      from the upper class(Kerensky, etc..) and the different
      political powers such as the Communists, Mensheviks, etc...
      who wanted power.

      Most of the common people loved the Czar. The Serfs
      received their freedom and were glad for it. The landowners
      didn't particularly like the Czar.

      Much of the demonstrations were prooganda in nature and
      were purposely done in view of the Czars travelling route.
      This was done to discourage the Czar and facilitate his
      abdication which the likes of M. Rodzianko and Co. did well.

      Unfortunately the Communists, with the help of bankers from
      New York and England, had a different agenda. The rest is history.

      Michael N.

      podnoss <podnoss@...> wrote:
      So much has been conveniently forgotten about the events from
      February '17 to July '18.

      On February 26, 1917 there were about 300 000 people on the streets
      of Petrograd calling for the downfall of the Tsar. Repression was
      impossible. All the Tsar's senior generals had told him this and - on
      the advice of M. Rodzianko the Speaker of the Duma - convinced him to
      abdicate.

      The 250 000 soldiers of the Petrograd garrison had gone over to the
      people's side on February 27, forcing the police in the capital to
      flee. People called for the Tsar and the Empress to be shot. "And
      they shouldn't spare the daughters" was a popular refrain. No armed
      force could have put down what became a national uprising against the
      monarchy. Perhaps someone such as yourself could've stepped forward
      and warned the people that it was a sin to rise up against the Tsar.
      If they failed to listen, what then?

      -- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "vkozyreff"
      <vladimir.kozyreff@s...> wrote:

      > They condemn the passivity, sadness, indecision,
      complacency, "�tats