9963Chekhov in the Evening

  • podnoss
    Jan 1, 2004
      What can we do? We must live our lives. Yes, we shall live... We
      shall live through the long procession of days before us, and
      through the long evenings; we shall patiently bear the trials that
      fate imposes on us; we shall work for others without rest, both now
      and when we are old; and when our last hour comes we shall meet it
      humbly, and there, beyond the grave, we shall say that we have
      suffered and wept, that our life was bitter, and God will have pity
      on us. Ah, then we shall see that bright and beautiful life; we
      shall rejoice and look back upon our sorrow here; a tender smile--
      and--we shall rest. I have faith
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic