9701Re: Holy and worldly mathematics

  • vkozyreff
    Dec 8, 2003
      Dear Mr. Boitchenko,

      The most important think for a captain is the safety of the ship and
      crew. Captains can take whatever advice they want, but they should
      take first the advice of their experienced and respected teachers and
      colleagues before they embark for dangerous crossings by new routes
      to new destinations.

      They should also refer to the classical teaching that they followed
      when they were trained. Examples of authoritative messages of caution
      to innovative captains have been numerous on this forum recently (See
      messages 9613, 9695, 9693, etc.etc).

      The fact that those messages of caution are systematically denied,
      ignored or deleted by the shipping company is worrying and seems to
      sign a change in the latter's policy. The management's denial sounds
      like a confirmation. A significant part of the fleet seems to have
      been lost and more losses are predicted.

      In God,

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "V. Boitchenko"