9548Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Synodal Cathedral feastday

  • NikanorLazar@aol.com
    Nov 27, 2003
      In a message dated 11/28/03 12:27:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      orthodoxchurch_sg@... writes:
      Anyway we all know that the real banquet has already taken place in
      Church.....
      Father Bless!
      I'm not sure what this (above) statement means...I belong to Synod parish and
      this is the first year that the great holiday of Kursk Icon is celebrated
      this way...before we were asked to bring food for the celebration or pay much
      less for the ticket...and of course because of that everybody felt welcomed...I
      don't need to remind you that poor people are often VERY close to God and His
      Mother and I don't think it's smart to forbid His friends to celebrate with
      everybody this important Holiday.
      By the way, I'm not the only one who was surprised and disappointed with this
      change..there were many parishioners of Synod who couldn't believe that this
      is happening...many of them are not members of this Internet group so they
      asked me to express their concern.
      And of course, I don't believe this is part of "some dreadful conspiracy"
      .... but simply the Signs of Time.
      My Hope is, of course, in the words of our Lord: I will build My Church, and
      the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it!
      (I am not worrying about The Church; I am worried about the future of our
      church.)

      Respectfully,
      Aleksandra