9547Re: Synodal Cathedral feastday

  • orthodoxchurch_sg
    Nov 27, 2003
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, NikanorLazar@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 11/25/03 12:52:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      > paul_kulesha@y... writes:
      > Tickets for the banquet can be ordered from
      > Rev. Andrei Sommer 212-410-4258; cost of tickets $100.00
      > "...cost of tickets $100.00"???
      >
      > If this is the new direction of our church, then I'm really
      afraid...

      > May Bogorodica and Her miraculous Kursk Icon help us all!!
      > In our Lord Isus Xristos,
      > Aleksandra

      Evlogeite!
      Not a new direction at all ~ I think it is quite common in all
      jurisdictions to have these dinners at exhorbitant prices (but I
      assume as part of fund-raising?)
      Anyway we all know that the real banquet has already taken place in
      Church, so there is no real need to go across the road to some hotel,
      if you dont want to.
      Relax! Don't see everything as part of some dreadful conspiracy.
      God bless / Fr Daniel
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic